Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Ready or Not
Ready or Not [message #93972] Thu, 01 July 2021 13:25 Go to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
This horror movie made quite a splash when it came out. I recently watched it with my friends, and I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting it to be another boring horror flick, but this one had some interesting parts that I enjoyed. The ending was satisfying and explosive (those of you who have seen it will get the joke!)

Have you seen it? What did you think?
Re: Ready or Not [message #93978 is a reply to message #93972] Fri, 02 July 2021 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
The movie has been out for a year or two now, so I figure that spoilers are okay. I thought the movie was excellent. It was the funniest horror flick that I've ever seen. I wasn't expecting the twist ending of sorts. I disliked Alex from the beginning, so I wasn't terribly surprised that he betrayed her. I very much thought the whole pact with the devil was just an old legend. I expected that a lot of their family would get killed during the hunt for Grace, only for the day to change and them to realize that the pact was a myth, so it was all for nothing. I still don't get why Grace didn't perish with them. She became a Le Domas through marriage, and since the other spouses died, you'd think that would've been enough.
Re: Ready or Not [message #94039 is a reply to message #93972] Fri, 16 July 2021 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
I was hoping that the pact with the devil would be just a legend, and that the whole family would have to grapple with the fact that they've lived a lie their whole lives and that their murders were completely pointless. So, I was disappointed when people started exploding. It felt like an easy way out, but it was vindicating for Grace.
Re: Ready or Not [message #94042 is a reply to message #94039] Fri, 16 July 2021 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PinkHair is currently offline  PinkHair
Chancellor
MRikki wrote on Fri, 16 July 2021 00:00
I was hoping that the pact with the devil would be just a legend, and that the whole family would have to grapple with the fact that they've lived a lie their whole lives and that their murders were completely pointless. So, I was disappointed when people started exploding. It felt like an easy way out, but it was vindicating for Grace.
I really loved the ending! I don't think that the family would have changed their ways even if the whole pact with the devil had been a myth. They would have found some way to justify their actions and they would have continued being awful people. It was really satisfying for me to watch them explode. Laughing
Re: Ready or Not [message #94117 is a reply to message #93978] Wed, 28 July 2021 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
Strum Drum wrote on Fri, 02 July 2021 22:22
The movie has been out for a year or two now, so I figure that spoilers are okay. I thought the movie was excellent. It was the funniest horror flick that I've ever seen. I wasn't expecting the twist ending of sorts. I disliked Alex from the beginning, so I wasn't terribly surprised that he betrayed her. I very much thought the whole pact with the devil was just an old legend. I expected that a lot of their family would get killed during the hunt for Grace, only for the day to change and them to realize that the pact was a myth, so it was all for nothing. I still don't get why Grace didn't perish with them. She became a Le Domas through marriage, and since the other spouses died, you'd think that would've been enough.
I think Grace survived because she was the one being hunted, not the one doing the hunting. When the game first started, she asked how to win. She was given the answer "survive until dawn". So, it makes sense to me that she didn't die.
Re: Ready or Not [message #94318 is a reply to message #94117] Mon, 30 August 2021 07:50 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Since you liked that one, Raymond, you should watch Knives Out if you haven't seen it already. It is filled to the brim with great acting and sharp humor. Both films have that camp feel to them.
Previous Topic: Best Book to Film Adaption
Next Topic: Misinformation in Movies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:59:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout