Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Woofer to add with 2pi
Woofer to add with 2pi [message #93924] Tue, 15 June 2021 22:43 Go to next message
justphil is currently offline  justphil
Viscount
I tried reading and understanding all the flanking subwoofer concept and it makes my brain hurt. Is it possible for someone to figure out how to add a separate woofer in its own enclosure. I assume it would need a crossover. Would you use a different Eminence driver?
Re: Woofer to add with 2pi [message #93929 is a reply to message #93924] Wed, 16 June 2021 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

three Pi subs are perfectly suited.
Re: Woofer to add with 2pi [message #93933 is a reply to message #93929] Wed, 16 June 2021 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justphil is currently offline  justphil
Viscount
I understand so are you saying cost wise the subs are cheaper to build? Just wanted a bit more punch. I have subs already.
Re: Woofer to add with 2pi [message #93934 is a reply to message #93933] Wed, 16 June 2021 11:21 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm saying three Pi subs are well-suited to mate with two Pi speakers. But other subs will work well too.

If you already have subs, what exactly are you looking for? You said you wanted "punch," which I think usually means midbass impact.

I think what you might be looking for woud be best served with an upgrade to four Pi mains. They give more powerful midbass, and are more powerful and accurate overall.
Previous Topic: Smaller 3 pi construction?
Next Topic: Time Alignment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:37:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout