Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Instrument Tuners
Instrument Tuners [message #93907] Sun, 13 June 2021 21:32 Go to next message
Mulcahy is currently offline  Mulcahy
Chancellor
I have a Korg CA-2 tuner for my flute. This is affordable and does the job. Which make and model do you use to check that your instrument is in tune? Have you also tried any of the tuning apps?
Re: Instrument Tuners [message #93926 is a reply to message #93907] Wed, 16 June 2021 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LCallan is currently offline  LCallan
Baron
I'm learning how to play the acoustic guitar. If I stick with it, I'll invest in something more expensive, but for now I'm using Fender's free tuning app. It seems to do the trick, but it's not like I would really know otherwise.
Re: Instrument Tuners [message #93935 is a reply to message #93907] Wed, 16 June 2021 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
I have Piano Tuner on my phone. My piano's mostly in tune! You can't beat the convenience of checking if you're sharp or flat through an app. Plus, it's free.
Re: Instrument Tuners [message #93941 is a reply to message #93935] Thu, 17 June 2021 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I give music lessons. Some of the fancier academies except their students to be able to tune by ear, usually off of an oboe, stringed instrument, or piano. So, that's what I push my students and children to do. I think it's an important skill to develop.
Re: Instrument Tuners [message #94758 is a reply to message #93941] Sun, 07 November 2021 10:11 Go to previous message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Supposedly you can ask Alexa to help you tune your instrument, and she'll walk you through some chords. I'm not a musician, so I can't say how accurate it is, though.
Previous Topic: Best Headphones?
Next Topic: Guitar for tweens
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:56:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout