Home » Audio » General » Subliminal Music
Subliminal Music [message #93878] Tue, 08 June 2021 11:46 Go to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
Have you heard of subliminal music? I happened to come across it after listening to meditation sounds and got curious about its effects. Subliminal was told to influence the subconscious mind but it appears unreal to me. What do you think of it?
Re: Subliminal Music [message #93885 is a reply to message #93878] Thu, 10 June 2021 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I listened to Black Sabbath as a teenager. I'm pretty sure that I've avoided engaging in witchcraft, but since their evil messages were supposedly subliminal, then maybe my spell casting has been too. Do you guys remember that was the big thing? Kids being turned into evil monsters through hidden messages in music? Those were good times.
Re: Subliminal Music [message #93886 is a reply to message #93885] Fri, 11 June 2021 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You're cracking me up, Madison! I remember the 1970s, the worries that "backward masking" and subliminal messages were poisoning our minds.

Funny thing is the one I remember most was from the ELO Album, "Face the Music." When played backwards, the message said, "The music is reversible, turn back, turn back, turn back!" Scarring!
Re: Subliminal Music [message #93887 is a reply to message #93878] Fri, 11 June 2021 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Lest we not forget either. "Paul is dead", from the Beatles. Can't remember the album. Must of been so subliminal, that I forgot. I think there was a broo-ha-ha concerning video subliminal hints also that was going to zombify people to buy things or whatever. Now we have Q Anon, which really is zombifying people.
Re: Subliminal Music [message #93893 is a reply to message #93887] Fri, 11 June 2021 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I always wondered why I went crazy and got into diy audio. Confused

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Subliminal Music [message #93895 is a reply to message #93893] Sat, 12 June 2021 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Thanks have changed since then! I was banned from listening to Helter Skelter back in the day, but now those same busybodies are purposefully listening to music with hidden messages. It's supposedly a new self-help/guru type of thing.
Re: Subliminal Music [message #93896 is a reply to message #93885] Sat, 12 June 2021 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Madison wrote on Thu, 10 June 2021 21:58
I listened to Black Sabbath as a teenager. I'm pretty sure that I've avoided engaging in witchcraft, but since their evil messages were supposedly subliminal, then maybe my spell casting has been too. Do you guys remember that was the big thing? Kids being turned into evil monsters through hidden messages in music? Those were good times.
You got me curious now with Black Sabbath, although I was thinking about the kind of subliminal that helps your brain improve. I see a lot on YouTube talking about a subliminal booster, and it was funny because there was something even for height increase!
Re: Subliminal Music [message #93955 is a reply to message #93896] Sat, 19 June 2021 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Zart wrote on Sat, 12 June 2021 08:14
I was thinking about the kind of subliminal that helps your brain improve.
Whoops! I'm sorry for derailing the conversation then. My mind just automatically went to the Satanic Panic back in the day. The music industry was rife with speculation and naturally some artists really played into that.

To get back to your topic, I could see subliminal messages working like a placebo. If you believe it will help you, and you buy into it totally, then maybe that sincere belief will translate into personal change.

@shawresse, it looks like you're new, so welcome to the forum!

@Wayne, I've tried to listen to a few records that are said to reveal a hidden message when played backwards, but it just sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher to me.
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2786&private=0

Re: Subliminal Music [message #93966 is a reply to message #93955] Sun, 27 June 2021 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Madison wrote on Sat, 19 June 2021 18:13
Zart wrote on Sat, 12 June 2021 08:14
I was thinking about the kind of subliminal that helps your brain improve.
To get back to your topic, I could see subliminal messages working like a placebo. If you believe it will help you, and you buy into it totally, then maybe that sincere belief will translate into personal change.

Anticipation indeed can influence the results you're looking forward to. Maybe it's because the individual starts to attract the energy while expecting it from the music. So, they'd end up feeling better or performing better because they want to. I think it doesn't work for me because I have doubts about its effects.
Re: Subliminal Music [message #93985 is a reply to message #93878] Mon, 05 July 2021 22:30 Go to previous message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Subliminal music might affect you in subtle ways, similar to how subliminal messages influence people. Effects might be more on relaxation and internal affirmations because, realistically speaking, subliminal music can't solely be responsible for weight loss and monetary gain.
Previous Topic: Complimenting The Weather
Next Topic: Alluring Background Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:43:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout