Home » xyzzy » Tower » Firefox
Firefox [message #93873] Sun, 06 June 2021 21:55 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Watch out for changes in Firefox. It updated to version 89 yesterday on my PC. (WIN10/64) It messed up the bookmarks, page sizes , fonts and menus. There is a temporary fix. go to about:config and enter browser.proton.contextmenus.enabled change the setting from true to false. Unfortunately they say it is a developer temporary mod and will go away in two months. The only other solution they have is to re-load version 88 and tell it not to auto update. Not a great solution IMO. I additionally tried Chrome and it did behave OK, just I don't like to have to change after many years of Firefox.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Firefox [message #93874 is a reply to message #93873] Mon, 07 June 2021 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
Thanks for the heads up. Most of my machines are running Linux now and the Firefox "upgrade" hasn't trickled over from Windows yet. But it generally doesn't take long.

For all its issues, Firefox has a lot of nice addons and ad blockers. Hopefully the developers can clean this mess up soon.
Re: Firefox [message #94942 is a reply to message #93873] Fri, 17 December 2021 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AcousticJack is currently offline  AcousticJack
Chancellor
I don't remember the last time I used Firefox. I have been using Google Chrome for years now and I don't feel comfortable using any other browser.
Re: Firefox [message #95056 is a reply to message #93873] Fri, 07 January 2022 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
Firefox, I didn't even know that was still around. I use Google Chrome too. I also use Microsoft Edge. I'm not real fond of that one. It's been years since I used Firefox. I'm not even sure why I stopped using it.
Re: Firefox [message #95070 is a reply to message #95056] Mon, 10 January 2022 19:46 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone....it is still around and my choice to use as it does what I want. Chrome isn't bad, but not to my liking as much.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Power lifting for midgets
Next Topic: Sage advice from Terry. Getting along with your wife.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:17:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio