Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Any new movies
Any new movies [message #93807] Sat, 22 May 2021 18:37 Go to next message
Patrick69 is currently offline  Patrick69
Baron
Now that things are opening back up, is anyone interested in any new movie? Will you be going back to the theaters? I love movies, so I will. I haven't heard of anything fantastic yet.
Re: Any new movies [message #93824 is a reply to message #93807] Fri, 28 May 2021 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
My wife and have been vaccinated, so we're going to brave the movie theater in order to see A Quiet Place II later today. The theater is still requiring masks, which is fine. I just want to see the show.
Re: Any new movies [message #93831 is a reply to message #93807] Sat, 29 May 2021 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I saw A Quiet Place Part II yesterday, and it did not disappoint. I don't want to give anything way, so I'll talk about my favorite character instead. In the sequel, Emily Blunt still brings that perfect combination of badass heroine and frightened mother who is protecting herself and those she loves from the creatures out to get them. Blunt is outstanding! I bet she'll rack up some awards for her performance.
Re: Any new movies [message #93833 is a reply to message #93831] Sat, 29 May 2021 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I'm dying to see that film, but I'm going to wait the 28 or so days until it's available for streaming. I'm cool with going to an outdoor concert, but sitting in a crowded indoor theater is pushing it.

We streamed Cruella for the girls, and it's pretty intense. I think it's one of Disney's best, probably because it's a prequel instead of a remake. Both Emmas killed it! I'm not used to seeing either lady as a cold as ice character, but they each managed to bring their best, uh worst, to the table. I'm glad we watched it at home, because it might've been too intense in the theater on the big screen.
Re: Any new movies [message #93859 is a reply to message #93831] Fri, 04 June 2021 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
American Traitor is an entertaining watch if you can go along with rooting for a Nazi sympathizer. Had the movie been released during a different time, I probably would have enjoyed it more.
Strum Drum wrote on Sat, 29 May 2021 10:35
I saw A Quiet Place Part II yesterday, and it did not disappoint.
I agree. It's one of the best sequels I've encountered.
Re: Any new movies [message #93989 is a reply to message #93807] Tue, 06 July 2021 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
I went and saw Luca in the theater. It is a really cute story and it was a nice film. I'm not sure how often I'm going to go out and see a movie, especially with the Delta variant, but seeing Luca was a nice treat.
Re: Any new movies [message #94231 is a reply to message #93807] Sun, 15 August 2021 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
I've become used to waiting for new movies on Netflix, and going to the theater barely comes to mind now. The experience is far from going to the cinema, but it's the safest way to enjoy a movie given the current situation. Although, it's enjoyable that some shows act as a support to the series.
Re: Any new movies [message #94235 is a reply to message #94231] Sun, 15 August 2021 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
There's a movie out now starring Nicholas Cage called Pig. Sounds kinda interesting. So long as it doesn't become too touchy feely. He's a recluse with a truffle's sniffing pig. It gets taken from him. I don't think he becomes a Rambo type extracting revenge though.
Re: Any new movies [message #94279 is a reply to message #94235] Thu, 19 August 2021 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
You should watch it, Rusty. That film has surprising depth. I wouldn't say it's overly touchy-feely, so you'll be okay there. Nicolas Cage proved that he can still carry a show.
Re: Any new movies [message #94280 is a reply to message #94279] Thu, 19 August 2021 14:22 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Thanks Madison. That's what intrigued me about the movie. A way different subject matter other than comic book characters and revenge plots with the hero taking on two dozen guys at the same time. I wonder if theaters have matinee's anymore?
Previous Topic: Black Widow
Next Topic: Country music that isn't!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:47:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout