Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2pi tower port
2pi tower port [message #93789] Thu, 20 May 2021 09:45 Go to next message
justphil is currently offline  justphil
Viscount
My speakers cannot be placed by a wall. Would this affect the port of a 2 pi tower? What about speaker sound in general? My one pi is in front of a wall and sounds stronger for the lack of better terminology.
Re: 2pi tower port [message #93791 is a reply to message #93789] Thu, 20 May 2021 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, the one Pi, two Pi and two Pi tower speakers are all well suited for placement right up against the wall. You might think that placement too close would impede the port on the two Pi tower - as did I before testing - but in fact, the speaker can be placed very near the wall without any ill-effects. It only needs to be about a half-inch out, and that's about the thickness of the baseboard trim.
Re: 2pi tower port [message #93794 is a reply to message #93791] Thu, 20 May 2021 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
My point being I have no wall to place them in front of. Only my center Chanel 1pi is in front of a wall. Would a rear firing port suffer in such a position?
Re: 2pi tower port [message #93797 is a reply to message #93794] Fri, 21 May 2021 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The rear-firing port does not suffer when placed near a wall, as long as it is at least 1/2" away. It can't be completely touching the wall, but it can be pretty dang close. Is that what you are asking?
Re: 2pi tower port [message #93800 is a reply to message #93797] Fri, 21 May 2021 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount

Wayne Parham wrote on Fri, 21 May 2021 08:46
The rear-firing port does not suffer when placed near a wall, as long as it is at least 1/2" away. It can't be completely touching the wall, but it can be pretty dang close. Is that what you are asking?

No. I have no wall in our open floor plan home for them to be in front of. So the port on the left speaker would fire into the kitchen. The other into a large dining room family room.

The only wall is a wall that is the same width as our TV. Below this is my center speaker, audio equipment and sub. We sit against a back wall about 8 feet from the tv.
Re: 2pi tower port [message #93801 is a reply to message #93800] Fri, 21 May 2021 10:55 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I understand now, and that is fine. You won't have any boundary reinforcement, but that is fine. The towers are pretty strong down low anyway.
Previous Topic: Purchase drivers?
Next Topic: 3 pi sub plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:34:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout