Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Country music that isn't!
Country music that isn't! [message #93744] Wed, 12 May 2021 14:56 Go to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
What happened to country music? Some artists are deemed country but they are certainly not. Do you agree? Some music sounds like country rap! We need more artists like George Strait.
Re: Country music that isn't! [message #93749 is a reply to message #93744] Wed, 12 May 2021 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Amen to that.

Nashville focuses on what can turn a profit, not what is true to the genre. Seek out the small, independant labels. You can find true country on those.
Re: Country music that isn't! [message #93752 is a reply to message #93744] Wed, 12 May 2021 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
I agree. Some are country artists by label only. I dont think it's right that some people will act country to sell a song that's half country to make money that's all green.

No integrity.
Re: Country music that isn't! [message #93757 is a reply to message #93744] Thu, 13 May 2021 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
I am all for switching genre's but you have to sound like you should. For instance, Taylor Swift. She sounded like teeny bopper pop when she came out country. I'm glad she changed to Pop music.
Re: Country music that isn't! [message #93758 is a reply to message #93757] Thu, 13 May 2021 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Country music used to be known as white mans blues. Singing about troubles, lovin and livin, off the land or driving a truck across it. There's been different styles within it over the decades. But it mostly dealt with simple people, places and things. It's drifted far away from that by now. And seems to play to the younger generic mashup of styles of music that are popular. It's become phony. But, I can say that with most of the pop music these days. Especially that Taylor Twit as I refer her to.
Re: Country music that isn't! [message #93759 is a reply to message #93758] Thu, 13 May 2021 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I think streaming services like Spotify have something to do with it. It's all about algorithms and whether people will listen to it. Christian music is beginning to sound like pop music too.
Re: Country music that isn't! [message #93912 is a reply to message #93744] Mon, 14 June 2021 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick69 is currently offline  Patrick69
Baron
I think a lot of country singers are great, and could be classified as older country. Blake Shelton, Chris Stapleton, Luke Coombs - to name a few. I do agree that there are some lame singers that are classified as country.
Re: Country music that isn't! [message #94188 is a reply to message #93759] Thu, 12 August 2021 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spotifier is currently offline  Spotifier
Baron
The essence of genres will diminish in the music industry if they adapt to consumer's preferences rather than the other way around. Spotify is my go-to app, and I can see that the music recommendations will want you to keep listening.

Madison wrote on Thu, 13 May 2021 08:49
It's all about algorithms and whether people will listen to it.
Re: Country music that isn't! [message #94288 is a reply to message #93744] Fri, 20 August 2021 03:18 Go to previous message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Aside from country music, other genres seem to have changed too concerning the standards of the style. It's unfortunate, but these kinds of occurrences are inevitable, more so if musicians are pressured in some way by other people.
Previous Topic: Any new movies
Next Topic: Best Book to Film Adaption
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:42:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout