Home » Audio » Radio » Any Other NPR Listeners Here?
Any Other NPR Listeners Here? [message #93453] Fri, 09 April 2021 11:37 Go to next message
KalebTheAudioGuy is currently offline  KalebTheAudioGuy
Baron
I love listening to NPR. My favorite show on NPR is 1A, a show about the First Amendment. I learn something new whenever I tune into NPR. What about you?
Re: Any Other NPR Listeners Here? [message #93458 is a reply to message #93453] Fri, 09 April 2021 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It's my standard go to in the car. I love Science Friday with Ira Flatow. I pronounce him, Ira Playdough. I'm a PBS devote as well. The public domain is the name of the game. And that is high quality news and informative shows. Plus great entertainment with some of the drama shows.
Re: Any Other NPR Listeners Here? [message #93483 is a reply to message #93458] Sun, 11 April 2021 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penguin89 is currently offline  penguin89
Baron
Rusty wrote on Fri, 09 April 2021 13:20
It's my standard go to in the car. I love Science Friday with Ira Flatow. I pronounce him, Ira Playdough. I'm a PBS devote as well. The public domain is the name of the game. And that is high quality news and informative shows. Plus great entertainment with some of the drama shows.
I love Science Friday! I always learn something new and it's a great way to end my work week. I also love listening to The TED Radio Hour and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. There's so many high quality shows out there on NPR and I wish that more people listened to them.
Re: Any Other NPR Listeners Here? [message #93491 is a reply to message #93483] Sun, 11 April 2021 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Me too. Instead of the insufferably moronic conspiracy blogs and tubes that still perpetuate our media choices. A cop out of critical thinking. All they need is innuendo.
Re: Any Other NPR Listeners Here? [message #93656 is a reply to message #93453] Wed, 05 May 2021 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
Every once in a while I'll turn it on. I find everything they do very informative. I just don't listen enough to know who is on and when.
Re: Any Other NPR Listeners Here? [message #93764 is a reply to message #93453] Thu, 13 May 2021 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
I would love to give NPR more press. They are well worth it.

I dont know when they did it, but they teamed up with TED Talks for a TED Radio Hour podcast.

Good stuff.
Re: Any Other NPR Listeners Here? [message #93796 is a reply to message #93453] Thu, 20 May 2021 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
I used to listen to NPR on every leg of my commute, but in the last decade my phone's playlists took over. Always loved NPR's music "buttons" in between stories.
Re: Any Other NPR Listeners Here? [message #93832 is a reply to message #93458] Sat, 29 May 2021 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Rusty wrote on Fri, 09 April 2021 13:20
It's my standard go to in the car. I love Science Friday with Ira Flatow.
Same here. Ira Flatow makes it entertaining and easy to understand, but I still walk away having learned something. He has a great personality; he never comes across as pretentious.
Re: Any Other NPR Listeners Here? [message #94021 is a reply to message #93453] Wed, 14 July 2021 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
I love leaving NPR on during the day in the background. It's so informative and I never feel like I've wasted my time listening. The state I live in also has a good state public radio station that I tune into frequently.
Re: Any Other NPR Listeners Here? [message #96728 is a reply to message #93453] Tue, 30 May 2023 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
Lately, I've been listening to the headlines on weekday mornings. I also try to catch the Sunday Puzzle, which I'm usually awful at but keep listening to anyway.
Previous Topic: Commercial time
Next Topic: Emerson ER-7001 Radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:34:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout