Home » Audio » Source » grace 707 problem
grace 707 problem [message #12920] Wed, 07 June 2006 17:39 Go to next message
gq is currently offline  gq
Esquire
i have a grace 707 for my std(strathclyde m) it has an audio tech cartridge but i fear that i'm my worst enemy..a couple of the leads came off and i soldered them back on and now have solder on the back plate of the cartridge headshell(which is not removeable)and i think some of solder on the leads might be touching each other,,but i only have one channel coming through. i have ab'd the leads, and will be trying another cartridge soon, but i'm preparing for the worst. my question is should remove all leads and all solder..question is what is the best way to remove solder. also has anyone tried to replace the headshell on a grace 707???

Re: grace 707 problem [message #12921 is a reply to message #12920] Wed, 07 June 2006 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I dont remmember the 707 being built that way.

Re: grace 707 problem [message #12922 is a reply to message #12920] Wed, 07 June 2006 21:17 Go to previous message
gq is currently offline  gq
Esquire
let me try to refresh..the back side of the headshell is a spuare of either brass or copper( or that type color)there is a small finger projecting from the left side of square. from there is four leads soldered in...let me know if you have further questions because as we all know i have more time on my hands than sense!!!! if need be i can probably send a jpeg..
thanx
greg

Previous Topic: Remember this ugly Bugle phono stage from the swap meet?
Next Topic: Shure M93E Cart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 07:37:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout