Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The Room
The Room [message #93416] Wed, 31 March 2021 21:54 Go to next message
penguin89 is currently offline  penguin89
Baron
I've finally done it. I watched The Room, the classic flop of a movie by Tommy Wiseau. Words are not adequate to express how much I enjoyed this movie. Has anyone else seen The Room? What's your favorite scene or favorite line?

Re: The Room [message #93418 is a reply to message #93416] Thu, 01 April 2021 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I hadn't heard or seen it. But curious watched some scenes and read a little of it's history. I wonder if this movie's cult status is explained by how wretchedly bad it is. Acting, plot and well, everything. So, like the ugly dog contest that is popular, this movie is a poster child for bad cinema. So bad it has redeeming qualities. It's competing with John Travolta's sci-fi scientology epic flop, Battlefield Earth. I think though, this movie recouped at least more income making it with it's cult status than Travolta could ever wish.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/12/2/16720012/the-room-tommy-wiseau-backstory-explained

Re: The Room [message #93461 is a reply to message #93416] Fri, 09 April 2021 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
One reason films become a cult "classic" is because aspiring film makers watch it and refer it to others as an example of how NOT to make a film.

You can learn how to do something by learning how not to do it.
Re: The Room [message #93463 is a reply to message #93416] Fri, 09 April 2021 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
Honestly no, I can't make myself watch it. I read how horrible it was. I don't want to waste my time on something with such bad reviews. I love the comment that you can learn something by not doing what they did.
Re: The Room [message #93484 is a reply to message #93463] Sun, 11 April 2021 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
sammi40 wrote on Fri, 09 April 2021 15:14
Honestly no, I can't make myself watch it. I read how horrible it was. I don't want to waste my time on something with such bad reviews. I love the comment that you can learn something by not doing what they did.
Part of what's so enjoyable about it is how bad it is. I had a lot of fun watching it and laughing at it. It's pretty cringe-worthy. I watched it a couple of friends (we are all vaccinated) and it was a great time. It's basically an unintended comedy. There's a fair amount of explicit adult content, just so you are aware if you do decide to watch it after all.
Re: The Room [message #93990 is a reply to message #93416] Tue, 06 July 2021 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
I haven't seen The Room yet, in part because I don't want to waste my time with a film that I know is bad. But if it's that funny, I might have to check it out after all. Do you know if it is on any streaming services?
Re: The Room [message #93995 is a reply to message #93990] Thu, 08 July 2021 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Raymond wrote on Tue, 06 July 2021 07:50
I haven't seen The Room yet, in part because I don't want to waste my time with a film that I know is bad. But if it's that funny, I might have to check it out after all. Do you know if it is on any streaming services?
At one point, I believe you could stream it on YouTube. But I don't know if that's the case anymore. My friend owns a physical copy, which is how I watched it. Maybe you could check and see if your library has a copy of it?
Re: The Room [message #94095 is a reply to message #93416] Sun, 25 July 2021 00:28 Go to previous message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
This is one of my favorite movies! My friends and I watched it together in college, and now it's a tradition. I'm laughing constantly throughout the movie. It's definitely not what Wiseau set out to make, but it is a delight all the same! Very Happy
Previous Topic: Olympics
Next Topic: Catchy Songs You Can't Stand Anymore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:18:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout