Home » Audio » General » Focusing on One Sound
Focusing on One Sound [message #93377] Fri, 26 March 2021 01:25 Go to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
Listening to songs, instruments that were used to composed it can be identified. I was advised before that to develop my focus, I can follow the sound of the bass in the song and concentrate on that. Have you tried using music for self-improvement? Aside from leisure, I think it can have a lot of applications.
Re: Focusing on One Sound [message #93424 is a reply to message #93377] Sun, 04 April 2021 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
There have been times when I "followed" a guitar all the way through a song. I only did that because I was bored with the entire song at that point.

If you want to learn an instrument though, I can see this being a good practice to get into.
Re: Focusing on One Sound [message #93432 is a reply to message #93377] Sun, 04 April 2021 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
I've been using music for self-improvement before I even realized I was doing that. I never went so far as focusing in on one instrument for an entire song, it was more broad than that.
Re: Focusing on One Sound [message #94709 is a reply to message #93377] Fri, 29 October 2021 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
Following sounds intently has helped me silence my overthinking. Although there is music for guided meditation, listening and finding the most subtle sounds has perks, such as bringing you into the moment.
Re: Focusing on One Sound [message #94782 is a reply to message #93377] Fri, 12 November 2021 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spotifier is currently offline  Spotifier
Baron
It seems interesting doing this to different kinds of songs. Isn't the sound of the bass hard to follow, though? I think listening to a violin will be easier because its sound is easily identifiable compared. You can add the piano to the instruments that are easy to identify.
Re: Focusing on One Sound [message #95580 is a reply to message #93377] Mon, 02 May 2022 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Focusing on one sound is supposed to be good for meditation, but I find it impossible to do. Do you guys manage to mentally isolate one component amongst the music?
Re: Focusing on One Sound [message #95631 is a reply to message #95580] Tue, 17 May 2022 22:52 Go to previous message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
Madison wrote on Mon, 02 May 2022 13:36
Focusing on one sound is supposed to be good for meditation, but I find it impossible to do. Do you guys manage to mentally isolate one component amongst the music?
I'd try to follow one instrument's tune throughout the song, but I keep losing it when different sounds play at the same time. Maybe being familiar with the sound first will help in being able to follow it.
Previous Topic: Sound Through Space
Next Topic: Converting Audio to Text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:46:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout