Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » H290 horn. Old vs new
H290 horn. Old vs new [message #93261] Sun, 07 March 2021 12:06 Go to next message
Tronographic is currently offline  Tronographic
Esquire
Hey Pi guys,

Been some years. Used to post under Themilford. But the password retrieval function has apparently been disabled... anywho...

I'm going through my piles or parts and unfinished or dismantled projects and found I have two Eminence H290 flares, but they are different. I know it probably don't matter much, but I would like to get a matching pair. One looks a little rougher and is much heavier, als the plastic seems thicker... the finish on the front is a flat/dull texture coat. The other looks newer, is much lighter and thinner and has a glossy texture finish on the front.

Anybody have one or the other for trade? I would love another older heavier one. Either way I would like two matching ones and am happy to swap either to get a closer pair. I can post pics.
Re: H290 horn. Old vs new [message #93263 is a reply to message #93261] Sun, 07 March 2021 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If you want, I can reset the password for your old account and then you can login and set it to whatever you want it to be.

As for the radial H290 horns, it sounds to me like you may have gotten them from different batches. They were all pretty much the same, but I did notice over the years that the texture and color would change from time to time. Seems like the mounting plate area was slightly different at one point too.

But it's probably going to be hard to find those old horns. You might check Ebay.
Re: H290 horn. Old vs new [message #93267 is a reply to message #93261] Mon, 08 March 2021 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tronographic is currently offline  Tronographic
Esquire
Thanks Wayne. sure, that would be great. let me know what I need to do.

As for the older horn, I figured somebody here might have one left from an unfinished project, like me. doesn't hurt to ask.

FWIW: I have a bunch of NOS Motorola/CTS tweeters from the old Studio 1/2 days... I would be happy to trade a pair of those for a matching H290.

Also, I have a pair of H295s... not sure why I got these, but I have no use for them and it seems Eminence no longer makes them...
Re: H290 horn. Old vs new [message #93268 is a reply to message #93267] Mon, 08 March 2021 11:06 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've reset the password for your original "themilford" login and sent instructions via email. https://audioroundtable.com/images/thumbs-up.gif

I kinda like your new login though too. Smile
Previous Topic: Downfiring flanking subs ??
Next Topic: Crossover inductor for 2 Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:35:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout