Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Westerns...
Westerns... [message #93111] Wed, 10 February 2021 12:36 Go to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
My husband loves Western movies. I wanted to buy a few new DVDs for him because he is going to be laid up from surgery for a bit. We've watched the Magnificent Seven, but haven't seen anything else that is newer. Any thoughts or recommendations on any movies?
Re: Westerns... [message #93112 is a reply to message #93111] Wed, 10 February 2021 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
One of my favorite's is a spaghetti western called, Once Upon A Time In The West. For me, the best gun duel scene ever filmed. Henry Fonda vs Charles Bronson. A big sprawling western encompassing vendetta and strong arm corruption and murder for wealth. Kinda like politics these days. Great score by Ennio Morricone. And an all star cast.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064116/

Mackenna's Gold is another great western with action and intrigue with Gregory Peck and Omar Sharif.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064615/
Re: Westerns... [message #93114 is a reply to message #93111] Thu, 11 February 2021 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
A couple more if interested. Wouldn't be proper watchin westerns without the Duke. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is a good'n. Lee Marvin plays about the meanest hombre around until he meets up with Jimmy Stewart. What? Watch it an see pilgrim. Ya Ho.

And last, is the the last, movie that is that John Wayne did before passing. The Shootist.
The Duke ain't got long to live in this irony true to his real life. And he goes out guns blazing. Good story line. With Lauren Bacall, Jimmy Stewart again and Ron Howard.
Re: Westerns... [message #93121 is a reply to message #93111] Sat, 13 February 2021 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I watched The Shootist and it was great!! I have not seen any of the other ones Rusty posted.
I want to watch that new Tom Hanks movie. It looks like a western. News of the World is the name. Has anyone seen that one?
Re: Westerns... [message #93179 is a reply to message #93121] Sun, 21 February 2021 18:02 Go to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
One more that I forgot about. Little Big Man. Starring Dustin Hoffman. A boy and his sister are spared death from and Indian raid on their parents settlers wagon. They're taken in by an Indian tribe as their own. Dustin's character and his sister get separated, and the movie spends his life then on with his experiences with the Indian race and the Caucasian race throughout his life. A tremendous movie with humor and sobering, disturbing events he experiences. Culminating in the battle of Little Big Horn. Custers last stand. Played brilliantly by Richard Mulligan.
If never seen, it's a must.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065988/
Previous Topic: TV shows that you miss
Next Topic: Concerts in 2021?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:08:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers