Home » Audio » Radio » Comedy radio shows or podcasts?
Comedy radio shows or podcasts? [message #93053] Wed, 03 February 2021 22:05 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Have you run across any humorous radio shows or podcasts that are worth listening too? I usually listen to true crime stories, and they're really intriguing, but I'm starting to look for crime everywhere. Time to turn off the paranoia. I'd like to find a good comedy show that isn't too vulgar since the kids might be around when I'm listening to it. Any suggestions?
Re: Comedy radio shows or podcasts? [message #93056 is a reply to message #93053] Thu, 04 February 2021 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I don't know about podcasts. Never sought them out. Back when, comedians used to put out comedy albums. Some standouts for me were Jonathan Winters for his whacky adlib characters. Bill Cosby I used to enjoy quite a lot, (too bad he harbored a monster inside him). Back in the 70's there was a comedy troupe that skewered society then with an old time radio type sound to their comedy albums. The way out Firesign Theater. A potheads required listening of the time.
Re: Comedy radio shows or podcasts? [message #93057 is a reply to message #93056] Thu, 04 February 2021 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There's usually an AM radio station or two in every city that plays old radio shows at least one time a week. I often listen to one that runs every Sunday afternoon. It's the perfect background for working on some old nostalgia project, like fixing a tube radio or working on an old car. My thing lately is running BASIC programs on 1970s computer systems. Gotta love "Life" or "Star Trek" from the 1970s, especially when listening to "The Computer Calculates, but The Shadow Knows."
Re: Comedy radio shows or podcasts? [message #93079 is a reply to message #93057] Sat, 06 February 2021 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I'm streaming Jonathan Winters right now from Amazon. He is a good comedian. I ordered a record for like $3. Thanks for the tip! I used to love Bill Cosby, but I can't stomach him anymore. I stopped liking him once it came out that he had a child with another woman that he refused to acknowledge. I had built him up in my head and the man came crashing down. An affair is one thing, but refusing to take care of your child while pretending like your America's favorite dad is another. All that came out long before the rape scandals.

My husband would be game for that, Wayne. He is a tech geek. I leave him to it. I'm keeping an eye on our AM stations. So far, it's nothing but preaching.
Re: Comedy radio shows or podcasts? [message #93170 is a reply to message #93079] Sat, 20 February 2021 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I think you've mentioned liking rap and hip-hop before, if that's still your thing, you might like The Read. It's an insightful and funny podcast about rap and hip-hop stars. 2 Dope Queens is another funny one. It's hosted by two best friends who are into comedy.
Re: Comedy radio shows or podcasts? [message #93189 is a reply to message #93053] Mon, 22 February 2021 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
This is something that I have often wondered about. From time to time, I'll put on Howard Stern. He usually irritates me within the first five minutes. I'm glad some people answered, now I will have something to look for.
Re: Comedy radio shows or podcasts? [message #93337 is a reply to message #93053] Sun, 21 March 2021 14:03 Go to previous message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
You can always find the older comedians all over the web. I'm sure an estate or two of the comedians will make a podcast of their material. If they haven't already.
Previous Topic: Telechron Clock Motors
Next Topic: Any Suspense fans here?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:11:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout