Home » Audio » General » Favorite Sound?
Favorite Sound? [message #93051] Wed, 03 February 2021 17:07 Go to next message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
We have a thread going for least favorite sound, so why not favorite sound? What is your favorite sound? It can be music related or unrelated to music! Smile
Re: Favorite Sound? [message #93055 is a reply to message #93051] Thu, 04 February 2021 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
In nature I'm partial to the call of a red wing blackbird. In music for just pure tones, The mellow cello and xylophone. What's yours?
Re: Favorite Sound? [message #93062 is a reply to message #93055] Fri, 05 February 2021 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
The red-winged black bird looks charming, but it sounds horrible when it migrates through my neck of the woods. There's just a lot of squawking. I had no idea that it could also sound lovely. I'm partial to the American robin and Towhee when it comes to birds and the way they sound myself.

Do you guys remember when AOL was new and it told us "you've got mail" when we'd have a new email message? That sound still makes me happy when I hear it in old movies. It's like a Pavlovian response.
Re: Favorite Sound? [message #93066 is a reply to message #93062] Fri, 05 February 2021 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Quote:

Strum Drum
Do you guys remember when AOL was new and it told us "you've got mail" when we'd have a new email message? That sound still makes me happy when I hear it in old movies. It's like a Pavlovian response.
It makes your hungry? I get it though. And also the cacophony of migrating birds. Hearing thousands of red winged black birds making that call would make me wacky too. I just like the singular type. But I can understand you've been conditioned by the many to not like the few.
I just listened to an eastern Towhee on YouTube, that is nice.
Re: Favorite Sound? [message #93070 is a reply to message #93051] Fri, 05 February 2021 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RunsWithScissors is currently offline  RunsWithScissors
Chancellor
I love going for nature walks at night and listening for owls. I've heard Great Horned Owls and Barred Owls. I love hearing their calls and knowing that the birds are there, even if I can't see them. Smile
Re: Favorite Sound? [message #93074 is a reply to message #93070] Sat, 06 February 2021 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
I've always wanted to hear an owl! You're so lucky that you've gotten to hear one. I've heard Red Tail Hawks before. I also like hearing crows and ravens. I'm always impressed when I hear a crow or a raven imitate a sound.
Re: Favorite Sound? [message #93085 is a reply to message #93051] Sun, 07 February 2021 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I love the sounds of nature. My favorite sound is the waves crashing against the rocks at the beach! I love the beach, it's my favorite place and that is why I love that sound. Heck I even enjoy the seagulls at the beach. When I hear them anywhere, I close my eyes and I'm at the beach.
Re: Favorite Sound? [message #93090 is a reply to message #93051] Sun, 07 February 2021 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
I too love the sounds of nature but there is just something about hearing mom, mommy. I love my children's voices, especially when they say mom. My second favorite is probably birds chirping.
Re: Favorite Sound? [message #93208 is a reply to message #93090] Wed, 24 February 2021 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PinkHair is currently offline  PinkHair
Chancellor
sammi40 wrote on Sun, 07 February 2021 18:05
I too love the sounds of nature but there is just something about hearing mom, mommy. I love my children's voices, especially when they say mom. My second favorite is probably birds chirping.
That's so sweet! I love hearing kids laugh. They are so unashamed and laugh so loudly and joyously. I find it difficult to remind them to lower the volume when it gets a little too loud! Laughing
Re: Favorite Sound? [message #93211 is a reply to message #93090] Thu, 25 February 2021 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
sammi40 wrote on Sun, 07 February 2021 18:05
I love my children's voices, especially when they say mom.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!! That is the best answer in the history of the internet.

For me, it's the sound that the wind mixed with rain makes.
Previous Topic: The Educated Ear
Next Topic: Complimenting The Weather
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:52:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout