Home » Audio » Source » Cool collectibles
Cool collectibles [message #92864] Sun, 27 December 2020 18:38 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Which albums are on your must-have list for their collectibility? It doesn't even have to be worth a lot of money, just something you value as art for art's sake is enough.
Re: Cool collectibles [message #92885 is a reply to message #92864] Wed, 30 December 2020 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
As far as genuine collectors' items go, I have the original album cover to Depeche Mode's Music for the Massesand I have Royksopp's Melody A.M. album with Banksy's artwork and I have David Bowie's original Diamond Dogs without the airbrushing. I have no idea where the Bowie album came from. It was in my dad's vinyl collection. I used to have one of the important Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stone's albums, but I must've lost them both in a move because I can't find them anywhere.

I'd love to nab the original Sex Pistols, God Save the Queen. They're incredibly difficult to find and fetch thousands of dollars.
Re: Cool collectibles [message #92921 is a reply to message #92885] Thu, 07 January 2021 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I've read some of your other threads and I'm impressed by your collection, Madison. If you ever decide to sell your Depeche Mode album shoot me a PM. I've been a fan for ages.
Re: Cool collectibles [message #92922 is a reply to message #92864] Thu, 07 January 2021 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
This is a great question! I don't have any right now but I would love to get my hands on any Prince or Michael Jackson. It doesn't matter which albums, I think any would be cool to own.
Re: Cool collectibles [message #92971 is a reply to message #92922] Sun, 17 January 2021 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Leot55, I inherited most of my collection. It seems like many of those born in the 30s-70s really held onto their things. I've also picked up stuff at garage sales and estate sales.

Sammi, you can find their stuff easily. Start asking around and see if anyone wants to get rid of theirs.
Re: Cool collectibles [message #93235 is a reply to message #92864] Tue, 02 March 2021 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
There are 2 EP's Elton John put out as England releases only. This was '67....'68....somewhere in there, the first music he ever made, that I really want.

The songwriting probably stinks to high heaven, but I don't want them for that. I want them to say that I have them.
Re: Cool collectibles [message #93299 is a reply to message #93235] Thu, 11 March 2021 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I only collect what I want to listen to. Not really interested in it's collectability or value on the collectors market. Some of the out of print vinyl is just too expensive. I'd go for a reissue or compilations.
Re: Cool collectibles [message #93318 is a reply to message #92864] Sat, 13 March 2021 15:36 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Very first album.......First issue......Bing Crosby......Unopened. I have no idea what it's called or how much it would be worth, but it has to be worth something substantial.
Previous Topic: Treating It Like A Niche
Next Topic: Any tapers on here?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:40:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout