Home » Audio » Movies & Music » What was this Xmas song?
What was this Xmas song? [message #92809] Sat, 19 December 2020 18:26 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I took my youngest son shopping today and all of a sudden he started crying. I didn't notice the music, but apparently they were playing a sad Christmas song. From what I got out of him it was something about a mother dying. What was the song? The only one I know of that comes close is Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer, but that one is more humorous than tragic. Do they really make sad Christmas music?
Re: What was this Xmas song? [message #92813 is a reply to message #92809] Sat, 19 December 2020 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
The only sad Christmas song I've ever heard was The Christmas Shoes. It's about a little boy who is begging for money to buy his dying mother a pair of shoes so that she'll look beautiful when she dies.

Makes me cry every time I listen to it. So I don't listen to it often Crying or Very Sad
Re: What was this Xmas song? [message #92820 is a reply to message #92813] Sun, 20 December 2020 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I get a lump in my throat with this one. I don't know why, but, seems like the Christmas blues done overtook him. Psycho Santa by Western Caravan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K3TDLWLJ9k
Re: What was this Xmas song? [message #92863 is a reply to message #92813] Sun, 27 December 2020 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Raymond wrote on Sat, 19 December 2020 23:29
The only sad Christmas song I've ever heard was The Christmas Shoes. It's about a little boy who is begging for money to buy his dying mother a pair of shoes so that she'll look beautiful when she dies.

Makes me cry every time I listen to it. So I don't listen to it often Crying or Very Sad
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. Why on earth would someone write such a sad song for the holidays? Why would a store play it? I can't imagine someone thinking it spread Christmas cheer.
Re: What was this Xmas song? [message #92923 is a reply to message #92809] Thu, 07 January 2021 09:02 Go to previous message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
I love that song! Yes, it's sad but it also shows a sweet side of a stranger helping the boy. Isn't there another Christmas song about needy kids, something about picking names off the tree for the needy kids?
Previous Topic: Songs you've misunderstood - lyrics or meaning behind them
Next Topic: Sex and the City without Sam
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:16:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout