Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Netflix movies
Netflix movies [message #92751] Sat, 12 December 2020 11:41 Go to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
So I've been in quarantine for two weeks now. I have been watching a lot of Netflix during that time. It's crazy how many really bad movies are on Netflix. A lot of them are Netflix movies and I can see why. I've started and stopped more movies than I've actually watched all the way through. What gives?
Re: Netflix movies [message #92755 is a reply to message #92751] Sun, 13 December 2020 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
To me, it feels like they've used data collection to determine what works with their audience and are applying a formula to keep those things rolling in. It's all about putting out easy films that can be watched while we're also scrolling on our phones.
Re: Netflix movies [message #92779 is a reply to message #92751] Wed, 16 December 2020 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
Leo that does make sense. Honestly we will start watching a movie and stop it within 15 minutes. They are just awful at times. I'm always looking for something good to watch and lately the Netflix movies or movies made for Netflix are not good.
Re: Netflix movies [message #92782 is a reply to message #92751] Wed, 16 December 2020 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penguin89 is currently offline  penguin89
Baron
Netflix movies are hit or miss for me. There are some, like Marriage Story, that are thoughtful, beautiful and memorable. And then there are others, like Tall Girl, that are laughable and just pathetic.

I feel like Netflix just makes whatever they want at this point, knowing that they can make trash and people will still watch it. Even if people are only watching it to tell their friends that they saw the latest garbage fire Netflix movie. Rolling Eyes
Re: Netflix movies [message #92786 is a reply to message #92755] Thu, 17 December 2020 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Quote:
Leot55
To me, it feels like they've used data collection to determine what works with their audience and are applying a formula to keep those things rolling in. It's all about putting out easy films that can be watched while we're also scrolling on our phones.
That seems to be the way pop music is produced today too. Formulaic and banal. I dismissed Netflix's content soon after a tryout period after I got my Roku. And looking around at all the other content providers just reinforced that this new pay to play format is for me, just not worth it. Knowing that there are some fine productions made, it just seems your paying for the privilege of that few amidst an abundance of boredom.
And the free content is even more trash. I marvel looking at all the titles that you just know you can't help but start scrolling through the mess your looking at within minutes of starting. I don't know how all this crap gets made?
Re: Netflix movies [message #92833 is a reply to message #92751] Sun, 20 December 2020 21:54 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
There are some gems hidden among the rubbish. I'm not a fan of David Spade, but he stars in a good rom-com called The Wrong Missy that's enjoyable to watch. The Platform is also fairly recent, and it has a fantastic twist. It's a bit like Snowpiercer but not exactly like Snowpiercer - if that makes sense. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is a bit older, but if you're into westerns with a lot of action then it's another good one to watch.
Previous Topic: Best frontmen of all time?
Next Topic: Favorite Christmas CD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:41:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout