Home » Audio » Speaker » Speakers are humming
Speakers are humming [message #92746] Thu, 10 December 2020 21:32 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Two of my speakers have started humming when they're plugged in and turned on. The hum doesn't change with the volume, so I guess it's probably a ground loop issue that's causing the hum. But why is it happening when nothing has changed in the room? Nothing has been moved, no cords have been switched, nothing has happened. The humming just started. I'm not sure how to fix it in this instance.
Re: Speakers are humming [message #92808 is a reply to message #92746] Sat, 19 December 2020 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Have you tried unplugging and reconfiguring yet? Since nothing has been moved and the issue just started, I don't think it's a ground loop problem. I'm leaning more towards a corrupt driver or a faulty speaker.
Re: Speakers are humming [message #92829 is a reply to message #92808] Sun, 20 December 2020 21:17 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Today the electrical outlet popped. When I unplugged it, the outlet was blackened. I went ahead and unplugged everything and flipped the breaker to that room. I know how to replace electrical outlets, but it's an old house, so we're going to have the electrician check it on Monday.
Previous Topic: AirPods 3 coming soon?
Next Topic: Futzing with vibration control
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:42:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout