Home » Audio » General » Outdoor Dining Music
Outdoor Dining Music [message #92728] Wed, 02 December 2020 18:33 Go to next message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
If you went to a restaurant that had outdoor dining, what kind of "ambiance music" would you want to hear? I'm talking a high end restaurant which has that under normal circumstances indoors. Think "The Laundry" in San Francisco.
Re: Outdoor Dining Music [message #92735 is a reply to message #92728] Sat, 05 December 2020 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
How about letting the ambiance sound of the outdoors itself serve as the backdrop. My gripe with dining out, (back in pre covid days), was that background music is usually too damn loud. Obnoxiously so. Thereby necessitating those engaging in conversation to end up shouting along with everyone else to the point that the music and shouting to be heard makes a cacophony of sound that degrades the pleasure of food and company. But, I don't partake in high end eateries anyway. Tried them and invariably not impressed, except for the tab. Dives though, that's my choice. You can get some choice cuisine for very little and a rustic unpretentious atmosphere of scenery and fellow diners to boot.
Re: Outdoor Dining Music [message #92745 is a reply to message #92728] Thu, 10 December 2020 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KalebTheAudioGuy is currently offline  KalebTheAudioGuy
Baron
I would want something quiet and instrumental. Not too loud that you have to shout to be heard over the music, but not too quiet that you don't notice it. I'm partial to the music of Philip Glass myself, but that's just personal taste.

I also love the idea of letting nature itself be the music. A brook, bird song and the wind in the trees are all relaxing sounds that I think would be delightful.
Re: Outdoor Dining Music [message #92758 is a reply to message #92728] Sun, 13 December 2020 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
I'm all for something quiet, maybe just instrumental. I would not want anything loud or obnoxious. If I am going to spend a lot of money on a nice dinner out, I want to enjoy it all (food, music, etc.). I do think you need some music for sure. I wouldn't want to hear people at the other tables.
Re: Outdoor Dining Music [message #92892 is a reply to message #92728] Fri, 01 January 2021 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I am not a fan of any music being played loud if I am at a nice restaurant. I'm not paying for music, I am paying for the food and the date I am with. I only go to nice restaurants for dates. I love most music types but I wouldn't want it loud.
Re: Outdoor Dining Music [message #92895 is a reply to message #92728] Fri, 01 January 2021 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
I find music to be distracting, even if it's just quiet background noise or for ambiance. I'll be in the middle of a conversation and then I'll recognize the song. This usually ends in my interrupting myself to point out a song title. Needless to say, the people I'm with can get annoyed after a while. So, I prefer it quiet so I can focus on the people and my meal.
Re: Outdoor Dining Music [message #93040 is a reply to message #92728] Mon, 01 February 2021 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
I'm into classical music when alone since it gives me peace but if it's outside and there are other people having no background music might be better. Other than that, nature music would be my best bet because it's chill in general. It's music that can also be listened to while studying.
Re: Outdoor Dining Music [message #93043 is a reply to message #93040] Mon, 01 February 2021 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, My preference would be the sounds of nature.....if they really need to have music some light jazz especially piano would be my next choice.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Outdoor Dining Music [message #93385 is a reply to message #92728] Sat, 27 March 2021 08:40 Go to previous message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
It'll be distracting to engage in conversations if the music would have lyrics so I'll opt to have classical music as a background. And it should lean on mellow ones because there are powerful classical that can be intruding.
Previous Topic: The Ticking Of A Clock
Next Topic: Wii not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:39:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout