Home » xyzzy » Tower » It's in the can (Thank God)
It's in the can [message #92553] Tue, 03 November 2020 10:48 Go to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I did my civic and social duty around 9:30 this morning. In my parts, it's only one day, a working day, the 1st Tuesday in November to vote in person. Hope everyone was able to do theirs also with minimal wait and confidant of it's count. Thank God it's over, so now the deluge of idiotic tabloid mudslinging ads can come to an end. A little breather until the mid-term cycle goes into it's campaign orgy.
Re: It's in the can [message #92555 is a reply to message #92553] Tue, 03 November 2020 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Kelly and I were really lucky. We voted today and there were no lines at all where we live. We just walked right up, checked in with the people manning the voting office and were immediately ushered to the kiosks. Easy-peasy!
Re: It's in the can [message #92557 is a reply to message #92555] Tue, 03 November 2020 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Arizona has been using mail in voting for several years and it works well. I sent mine in weeks ago. They have a system that you can check to see that it was accepted and if not will notify you of what you need to do to fix it. Simple and reliable. Other states may not be as good. Now all we have to deal with is the health insurance crud and Christmas adds. Ugh.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: It's in the can [message #92561 is a reply to message #92557] Wed, 04 November 2020 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
That is great diplomacy there Bruce. Here in Missouri we're still rubbing two sticks together to make a fire, in contrast to Arizona's system. But it's done purposefully of course. The slicksters in Jefferson City, the capital succeeded even in reversing the campaign reform initiative to de-politicize redistricting that had been voted out 4 years prior. My pappy used to lament the tribulations of the 60's by saying he'd like to find a cave down in Arkansas to escape all the falderol. Any cave property you know of Wayne for sale?
Re: It's in the can [message #92562 is a reply to message #92561] Wed, 04 November 2020 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

LOL! I think you Missourians have as many caves as we Arkansans. I know one family bought a cave near Decatur, and their livelihood is derived from this cave. Kinda cool! Remember that one in Springfield was used as a night club 100 years ago. It had naturally constant comfortable temperature. And one of the caves (or probably more) were commonly used as hideouts for the ne'er-do-wells around here around that same time.
Re: It's in the can [message #92563 is a reply to message #92553] Wed, 04 November 2020 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Yes that's no doubt true Wayne. If I found one livable down in them Ozarks, It'd probably have a nest of meth makers hold out in it though. Actually the thought of cave dwelling has always appealed to me. There are quite a few man made caverns in the KC area that were carved out for the limestone used in building material. My old house has a limestone rock basement. Found some examples from Bob Villa.

https://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/living-like-the-flintstones-10-modern-stone-age-dwellings-46211
Re: It's in the can [message #92580 is a reply to message #92563] Sat, 07 November 2020 11:20 Go to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Thank you God.
Previous Topic: Senior Musing
Next Topic: Go Cleveland!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:06:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio