Home » Audio » Home Theater » Huge delay on Fire TV
Huge delay on Fire TV [message #92535] Fri, 30 October 2020 21:16 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I have an Amazon Fire TV that has never had any problems until today. Prime Video works fine, but there's a huge delay with Netflix and Disney+. I can't watch the premiere of the new season of The Mandalorian. I probably sound like a whiny child, but I just signed up for Disney+ again for this show. There's a delay from when I hit start to when it actually starts. Then it sort of stutters and stops and stutters and stops. Netflix works a little better, but not like it used it. There's about a 10 to 15-second delay from when I hit the button to when it reacts to my command. Any clue on how to fix it? My signal is good and my connections are good. Anything else I should try?
Re: Huge delay on Fire TV [message #92540 is a reply to message #92535] Sat, 31 October 2020 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
The two things that help on this side when the fire stick gets slow are rebooting the fire stick and rebooting the router.
Re: Huge delay on Fire TV [message #92542 is a reply to message #92540] Sat, 31 October 2020 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Start with Barryso's suggestions, and if those don't fix it, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the Disney+ and Netflix apps and make sure they're updated. I hope you find a fix soon.
icon14.gif  Re: Huge delay on Fire TV [message #92570 is a reply to message #92542] Wed, 04 November 2020 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
It's fixed! Finally! I tried several solutions and I think I rushed the steps the first few times. You guys were right though. In the end I uninstalled the apps, then waited several minutes. Next I rebooted everything, then waited several minutes and prayed just in case it helped. Then I reinstalled the apps, allowed all updates, and bam, I'm watching sweet Baby Yoda.
Re: Huge delay on Fire TV [message #92613 is a reply to message #92535] Sat, 14 November 2020 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
Don't you just love modern technology? You have to wait for a quick connection. LOL

In my area, the internet was down most of the day, but try to get a refund for the lost time.............
Re: Huge delay on Fire TV [message #92624 is a reply to message #92613] Mon, 16 November 2020 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
You should ask for a refund and see what happens, Vaiger. My mom is obsessed with watching the New Year's Eve ball drop. Last year the cable cut out just when it hit the last few seconds, and she was furious. She contacted Comcast, and they gave her a $25 credit to her bill. I was surprised.

@Leot55, I'm glad you got it worked out in time to see Baby Yoda eat those eggs.
Re: Huge delay on Fire TV [message #92994 is a reply to message #92535] Fri, 22 January 2021 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I'm so glad I found this post because I'm having issues too. We have a smart TV and we are having issues! I wonder if we can uninstall and reinstall preloaded apps. I hope so because I hate delays!
Re: Huge delay on Fire TV [message #94029 is a reply to message #92535] Thu, 15 July 2021 08:13 Go to previous message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Some media players seem convenient in commercials until you buy the real thing. Application issues happen to me too, and it's sometimes frustrating that you would have to experience a lot of reinstalling to make it work again.
Previous Topic: Bed or Reclining Sofa
Next Topic: TV Box Recommendations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:04:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout