Home » Audio » Radio » Any Suspense fans here? (old-time radio show)
Any Suspense fans here? [message #92444] Sat, 17 October 2020 12:17 Go to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
Any other fans here of the OT radio drama Suspense? I just finished "Ghost Hunt" and dang was it unsettling. It was like the film Hereditary, a slow burner that induces anxiety and tension. The found footage plot device, popularized by The Blair Witch Project, plays out much better when it's audio only. I sure didn't see that ending coming either! Which episodes have you enjoyed?

Most of us probably weren't around during the heyday of radio when this show was popular.
I'm a recent convert and I have to say that it's aged well! You can find many of the episodes on YouTube if you're interested in checking the series out.
Re: Any Suspense fans here? [message #92449 is a reply to message #92444] Mon, 19 October 2020 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Thank you for the tip, I will most certainly check it out. Tis the season! I don't know if I want anxiety though, just suspense in fiction.
Re: Any Suspense fans here? [message #92471 is a reply to message #92444] Thu, 22 October 2020 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I remember my grandfather talking about the whole family sitting around the radio at night. I have never listened to any of those shows but I might just give it a try. Thanks for bringing back great memories of my grandfather.
Re: Any Suspense fans here? [message #92612 is a reply to message #92471] Sat, 14 November 2020 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
My grandparents had the whole series on cassette tapes. Alex and I used to listen to them when we'd visit. I remember "The Hitch-Hiker" episode freaked me out. It was creepy! Try that one if you're after something spooky.
Re: Any Suspense fans here? [message #93396 is a reply to message #92612] Sun, 28 March 2021 17:24 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
If you want to listen to old time radio. For the next 20 years maybe. This website is remarkable for the sheer volume of material. And, downloadable. Free.

Zoot Radio

https://zootradio.com/
Previous Topic: Comedy radio shows or podcasts?
Next Topic: A Certain Kind Of Juxtaposition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:34:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout