Home » Audio » Speaker » Earbuds you can abuse
Earbuds you can abuse [message #92396] Thu, 08 October 2020 20:57 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Has anyone found some durable earbuds that can take abuse and keep on going? I always seem to get a fray in mine which leaves only one side working.
Re: Earbuds you can abuse [message #92405 is a reply to message #92396] Fri, 09 October 2020 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
What on earth are you doing to your earbuds exactly? I've had some stop working all together a time or two, but I'd usually had them a while. Do you reach down to their adapter to unplug them?
Re: Earbuds you can abuse [message #92419 is a reply to message #92396] Sun, 11 October 2020 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
I expect things like that to go bad in time. They just don't build things to last that long anymore. Never mind the fact that I'll accidentally leave a pair in my shirt pocket on wash day, they don't build 'em sturdy anymore. LOL
Re: Earbuds you can abuse [message #92422 is a reply to message #92419] Mon, 12 October 2020 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I'm no real fan of Apple's AirPods, but their old school earbuds that came with my first iPod touch are still going strong. They're compatible with other devices too. Find some and you're all set. On the other hand, if you're going through a ton of earbuds a year, then I'd go cheap and snag some from the Dollar Tree.
Re: Earbuds you can abuse [message #92461 is a reply to message #92396] Wed, 21 October 2020 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
This is a great question! My son forgets his in his pockets and they get washed all the time. I buy him cheap $5 Walmart earbuds. I own the Airpods and I love them. I have not had any issues with mine and I'm a bit rough on them too.
Re: Earbuds you can abuse [message #92491 is a reply to message #92405] Fri, 23 October 2020 22:51 Go to previous message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm beginning to think like most of you guys - cheap is the way to go.
Strum Drum wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 20:21
What on earth are you doing to your earbuds exactly?
I'm not exactly sure, but I do have a bad habit of leaving them attached to my old iPod before I throw it in my bag. That's all I can think of that I could be doing wrong.
Previous Topic: Decibel Output
Next Topic: Naim Speaker Wire
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:37:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout