Home » Audio » Craftsmen » How To Build Eddie's Frankenstat
How To Build Eddie's Frankenstat [message #92387] Tue, 06 October 2020 22:26 Go to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
First of all......RIP to Eddie Van Halen who passed today at 65 from cancer. He was a guitar god and truly was one of the greats. His music and memory will live forever.

I found this information years ago and this article popped up on one of my feeds today, and thought I would share it here. He goes into technical detail, but it's also a lesson in perseverance and not giving up on what you want......even if you have to build it yourself. Cool

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/eddie_van_halen_how_i_built_my_frankenstrat_guitar.html

We're gonna miss you Eddie.
Re: How To Build Eddie's Frankenstat [message #92480 is a reply to message #92387] Thu, 22 October 2020 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Good find. He was definitely a self-taught engineer of guitars with an inborn ear for music. There is a lot more information about this all over the web.
Re: How To Build Eddie's Frankenstat [message #92493 is a reply to message #92480] Sat, 24 October 2020 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Many legendary guitar players made modifications to their commercial guitars or had one custom-built to fit their style. It looks like Eddie really put in the work to make something that would sing and help him stand out amongst the sea of talented guitarists.
Re: How To Build Eddie's Frankenstat [message #93471 is a reply to message #92387] Fri, 09 April 2021 22:32 Go to previous message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
Real talent comes from playing what you feel. If current makes and models cannot let you do that, and you want to do it bad enough, you will make it yourself.
Previous Topic: Creating a Projector at Home
Next Topic: Electronics For Dummies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:59:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout