Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Connections for Four Pi Crossover?
Connections for Four Pi Crossover? [message #92306] Sat, 12 September 2020 19:02 Go to next message
tubino is currently offline  tubino
Chancellor
I bought the Four Pi crossovers quite a while ago and now I'm ready to hook them up... but which terminals are input, LF, and HF?

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2634&private=0
Re: Connections for Four Pi Crossover? [message #92307 is a reply to message #92306] Sun, 13 September 2020 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
I stared at the schematic and I think I have it. With the paralleled resistors on the right, it goes like this:

IN + is top left
IN - is directly below it

2+ is bottom left
2- is immediately right of it

The connections for offboard R3 100w resistor are middle bottom.

1- is on the bottom right
1+ is just to the left of it.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2635&private=0
Re: Connections for Four Pi Crossover? [message #92308 is a reply to message #92306] Sun, 13 September 2020 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You're close. The image below shows the board layout, with the input labeled "IN," the tweeter output labeled "1" and the midwoofer output labeled "2." The Zobel connects to "R3" and polarity isn't important. Polarity is important for the midwoofer and tweeter. The 2226H black terminal goes to the "+" connector and the DE250 black terminal also goes to the "+" connector. This is the opposite of how most drivers are connected, but that's how it should be for those drivers. The input "+" connector goes to the amplifier's positive output post, which is usually red.

http://www.pispeakers.com/Pi_Crossover_PCB.gif
Re: Connections for Four Pi Crossover? [message #92314 is a reply to message #92308] Sun, 13 September 2020 22:13 Go to previous message
Chancellor
Thanks! I have a little before-and-after thing going with two PA cabinets. Both have 2226H, compression drivers and waveguides. BEFORE was an EAW 1.5" compression driver with ~12" x 12" waveguide and simple crossover, switched to Four Pi crossover with B&C DE250 with H290. Improvement was phenomenal, as indicated with mono music source and A-B comparison. I'll convert second one, add bracing and more damping material, and mount crossovers inside. This will give me something to listen to while I build cabinets from birch ply and MDF.
Previous Topic: Four Pi C3 & C5
Next Topic: Pi 8 plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:10:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout