Home » Audio » Source » Thorens TD 105 - HELP!!!!!!!!!
Thorens TD 105 - HELP!!!!!!!!! [message #12849] Wed, 22 March 2006 12:24 Go to next message
Eric is currently offline  Eric
Baron
I pick up a Thorens 105 in excellent cosmetic shape but with NO power cord. It looks like it had a step down transformer to perhaps 12v. Can anyone help me with regards to the voltage and amperage required for this unit?

Do you mean 120 volts? [message #12857 is a reply to message #12849] Mon, 27 March 2006 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc-homeslice is currently offline  marc-homeslice
Esquire
Wouldn't be uncommon if it was initially used by a European audiophile to run in 220 and have and/or need a step down to run in the States. Hardwiring a new power cord isn't to tricky - maybe take to a local tv/audio/ttable repair outfit and get the heads/tails on what you've got. I wouldn't want to damage the motor powering it up at the wrong voltage, even if it is 110 for a 220.

Re: Thorens TD 105 - HELP!!!!!!!!! [message #12876 is a reply to message #12849] Fri, 28 April 2006 00:32 Go to previous message
KARL VEE is currently offline  KARL VEE
Esquire
Eric, have you had any luck with your power supply? I have a TD105 MK ll also without a power supply. Does your's have a sticker on the back panel, mine does. It says U min (=or>) 10v~, l max = 250ma. I have never seen a Thorens power supply for 10v so am unsure as to what I could use, so this turntable is sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

Previous Topic: I picked up an interesting deck
Next Topic: Cartridge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:50:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout