Home » Audio » General » Morals Anyone?
Re: Morals Anyone? [message #95365 is a reply to message #91996] Thu, 10 March 2022 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
Yeah, pertaining to the lyrics, I can see what you're talking about when you say morals. The majority of the songs' content before was definitely more meaningful. It told more about what's happening in society.
Re: Morals Anyone? [message #95372 is a reply to message #95365] Sun, 13 March 2022 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
Zart wrote on Thu, 10 March 2022 22:33
Yeah, pertaining to the lyrics, I can see what you're talking about when you say morals.
Through other personal interests of mine, I found out that interest in song lyrics is peaking again. There are so many, and popular, lyric sites. SO hopefully, this trend of dirty, misogynistic, and degrading messages in songs through lyrics will turn around. Maybe people will get tired of all the negativity and let writers know they want more positive things to listen to.

/rant Laughing
Re: Morals Anyone? [message #95373 is a reply to message #91996] Mon, 14 March 2022 00:08 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Did somebody say lyrics and morals?

I see this as the age-old chicken and the egg question. I believe that you can't appeal to someone something that they don't already feel or agree with. It borders on confirmation bias.

I'm not justifying the darker and uglier side of human nature, I'm justifying why we listen to it. It's already in us. Songwriters bring it out in the open and that rubs some people the wrong way.

I think any uptick in songs with less than desirable messages is in tandem with our willingness to admit to them. It's called growing as people and that's not a bad thing.
Previous Topic: Bus Stop Music
Next Topic: Reading The Manual?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:39:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout