Home » Audio » General » The Best Set Up Audio
The Best Set Up Audio [message #91866] Fri, 15 May 2020 09:16 Go to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
What type of music/bands/songs would you say is best for the initial set-up of a brand new system? Of everything out there we can listen to, which has the broadest range that we can tweak the settings to in order to get the best sound out of everything else we play?
Re: The Best Set Up Audio [message #91873 is a reply to message #91866] Fri, 15 May 2020 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Most people prefer to audition systems with material they are familiar with. I think it helps if the material has lots of range, both in terms of dynamics (soft to loud) and frequency (low to high). I also like to have material that has some percussive and/or staccato notes, because this kind of material exposes decay and impulse response anomalies.
Re: The Best Set Up Audio [message #91881 is a reply to message #91866] Sat, 16 May 2020 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
Frank Zappa might be good for this. His stuff was all over the audio map.

I think the best "intro" audio might be the best representation of what you like. For instance, I listen to mostly classic rock, so Pink Floyd is what I would use. Slap in Dark Side Of The Moon and tweak on the knobs until it is just right.
Re: The Best Set Up Audio [message #91884 is a reply to message #91866] Sat, 16 May 2020 11:54 Go to previous message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
I agree with Wayne.

The first thing that comes to my mind in testing a system for those requirements
is jazz music.

I frequently use Al Jarreau's "Breaking away" for this purpose...also E W & F
is another band I use for testing.
Previous Topic: Wanting Better Sound
Next Topic: Changing the listening experience
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:27:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio