Home » Audio » Speaker » Headphone/mic combo
Headphone/mic combo [message #91732] Sun, 19 April 2020 23:54 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Like many people, I've been working at home due to the coronavirus. While I appreciate the lack of commute, I still need to find a decent headphone/mic combo because what I have now is sorely lacking. Part of my job involves critiquing educational videos and tapes as a team of four (we each have our own specialty). I need a headphone and mic combo that will allow me to hear the audio and all of the team's comments over my co-workers background noise and I need a mic that will limit my own background noise too. Any recommendations? Instead of buying a combo, would I have a better experience if I bought a set of headphones and a microphone separately? Is it even possible to get rid of another party's background noise or to enhance the audio quality so much that it drowns it out?
Re: Headphone/mic combo [message #91738 is a reply to message #91732] Wed, 22 April 2020 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Jabra Elite 75t earbuds have a noise-reduction mic that works great and the earbuds are more comfortable than any others I've tried. As far as their background noise, I think I'd just ask them to speak up and hopefully they'll clue in that the background noise is too much of a distraction. Another option might be messaging each other through an app like Slack if it's too hard to hear one another. I think most people are struggling to work from home right now. My husband's co-worker complained about a barking dog during a conference call, but it was the neighbor's dog that's three houses away and out of our control. I turned on a fan and my husband spoke louder and it seemed to be enough to at least discuss the next step in their project.
Re: Headphone/mic combo [message #91754 is a reply to message #91738] Fri, 24 April 2020 19:15 Go to previous message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I ordered the Jabra earbuds Madison, thanks for the tip. I'm not trying to give anyone on my team a hard time, I have kids at home myself, it's just hard to do my job when I have to hear what they say. I don't want to rub them the wrong way while tensions are high. In the office, we get along perfectly, but working at home has the whole team stressed.
Previous Topic: The era of Bluetooth 4.1
Next Topic: DIY JBL 2226H + DE250 Based Speaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:47:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout