Home » Sponsored » OddWatt Audio » New Amp
New Amp [message #91727] Sun, 19 April 2020 09:09 Go to next message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
Hi Bruce,

Wayne says you have a new amp in the works. Is there anything you can share about it right now?

Many thanks,

Barry
Re: New Amp [message #91729 is a reply to message #91727] Sun, 19 April 2020 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I'm not sure what Wayne was referring to.....I have a new phono preamp getting ready to launch. I have the first two pre-production ones here. Lovely sounding things. Just guessing now but there could be a few for sale in a month or so. No price as yet and we want to have some of our good ears beta testers hear one. I really like them, but additional opinions are useful when dealing with high class gear.

Wayne may have mentioned that I have an article in the May Audio Express that covers a revised version of my mini blocks. 5 watts each and really nice sound ...actually I believe it is about as good as it gets in that size range for tube amps that won't break the bank. They are diy only at this point, but the Oddwatt Poddwatt DMB (dual mono block) single chassis one is virtually the same.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: New Amp [message #91731 is a reply to message #91729] Sun, 19 April 2020 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, Bruce, that's the one.

I told Barry that I saw your article in the May 2020 issue of AudioXpress.
Re: New Amp [message #91733 is a reply to message #91731] Tue, 21 April 2020 05:59 Go to previous message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
OK, not a new amp but a new take on the Poddwatt. Looking forward to the article.

Looking forward to hearing more about the new phono amp, too. I likely won't be at the Lone Star show this year but hopefully there will be a few folks who comment on it. Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Previous Topic: Phono Preamp nearing
Next Topic: Converting a Deluxe Reverb to 6L6?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 21:12:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio