Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Coronavirus Doctor
Coronavirus Doctor [message #91632] Thu, 26 March 2020 07:56 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
https://audioroundtable.com/images/Plague_Doctor.jpg

Re: Coronavirus Doctor [message #91639 is a reply to message #91632] Thu, 26 March 2020 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Ah ha. The midnight monaural stalker....destroyer of all things stereo. Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Coronavirus Doctor [message #91640 is a reply to message #91639] Fri, 27 March 2020 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
Evidently many of the masks also had glass or colored stones to protect your eyes from bad stuff, too.

Been watching too many documentaries ...
Re: Coronavirus Doctor [message #91641 is a reply to message #91640] Fri, 27 March 2020 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I found it interesting that they realized the problem was airborne, so they attempted a form of social distancing very early on. They thought the air was "stinky" so they perfumed it - which didn't do much good - but the distancing part probably would have. They covered their whole bodies too, which would have helped limit contact. Past cultures also quarantined folks for a period of time.

All the same stuff we're doing now.
Re: Coronavirus Doctor [message #91642 is a reply to message #91641] Fri, 27 March 2020 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The pseudo Dr.'s of that period if I read correctly wearing that get up, though having personal protective equipment of sorts. But, using it over and over amidst the afflicted and those not. Just perpetuated the spread. Imagine the sick and dying, feverish and delusional. Looking up and seeing this weird creature approaching. Surely the victim would think they were afflicted with an evil consumption.
Hopefully, our distancing and quarantine will stay in effect long enough to keep the outbreak manageable. Our health care system is fragile. Hope we take a sobering look at that aspect for the long view.
Re: Coronavirus Doctor [message #91657 is a reply to message #91642] Fri, 03 April 2020 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi All, This reminds me of an LP track. "The Black Plague" by Eric Burton and the animals on the Winds of Change LP (MGM SE-4484). The rich folk all distanced themselves in a castle while the plague ran rampant in the town. Only to find one of their own had it and being afraid to come out all died of it. Social distancing in the beginning that went too far. Confused

BTW the rest of the LP is pretty good with several interesting tracks.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Coronavirus Doctor [message #91880 is a reply to message #91657] Sat, 16 May 2020 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
One of the staff members in the White House tested positive. Where are those people who like to use the term "predicted"? Eric Burden "predicted" this pandemic. LOL
Re: Coronavirus Doctor [message #92167 is a reply to message #91632] Sun, 16 August 2020 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
I thought Homer Simpson did.

But yeah, with all the medical advances we have made over the years, I find it a bit disturbing that we are not prepared at all when something new comes about.

Politics getting in the way, as usual, it what it sounds like.
Re: Coronavirus Doctor [message #92193 is a reply to message #92167] Fri, 21 August 2020 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, My sense is that this like many other things is something we would rather try to fix after it occurred rather than plan ahead in advance to get ready for it. Confused

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Coronavirus Doctor [message #92226 is a reply to message #92193] Thu, 27 August 2020 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
As a society, we get what we deserve if we don't listen to science and medicine when they warn us about such things.

I blame the politicians.
Previous Topic: Netflix We Were Soldiers
Next Topic: Impeachment Drama
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:00:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers