Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Which are the most anticipated ones?
Which are the most anticipated ones? [message #91541] Mon, 09 March 2020 12:40 Go to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Which movies are you looking forward to most? Top Gun: Maverick, Eternals, and Dune are on my to-watch list. In your opinion, which one has captured the most global attention so far?
Re: Which are the most anticipated ones? [message #91544 is a reply to message #91541] Tue, 10 March 2020 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Of the list there, Dune might interest me. I really liked the David Lynch film from the 80's. He put his trademark style to characters and the visual scenery I thought was an interesting combination of stylized old school architecture and off world concepts. I thought it followed the book very closely, as a movie can interpret. Surprised another remake is being made. But Hollywood isn't big on developing new concepts and literature adaptations. Make or break for me is how good the evil diseased character Baron Harkonnen is portrayed. Kenneth McMillan's portrayal back then was so over the top and obscene that to equal it would be a treat for me.
Re: Which are the most anticipated ones? [message #91601 is a reply to message #91544] Sun, 22 March 2020 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I wanted to see A Quiet Place Part II, but theaters are closed and I don't think it's one of the films that you can rent right now. I took the kids to see Pixar's Onward before the outbreak and it was good. Both of my kids liked it. There's parental loss and for a kids' show it's pretty heavy.

Is the upcoming Dune a remake?
Re: Which are the most anticipated ones? [message #91663 is a reply to message #91601] Sun, 05 April 2020 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Leot55 wrote on Sun, 22 March 2020 08:18
I wanted to see A Quiet Place Part II, but theaters are closed and I don't think it's one of the films that you can rent right now. I took the kids to see Pixar's Onward before the outbreak and it was good. Both of my kids liked it. There's parental loss and for a kids' show it's pretty heavy.

Is the upcoming Dune a remake?
The theaters have suspended operations, and no one is sure for how long. The Dune is the latest adaptation of Frank Herbert's classic 1965 sci-fi novel, so yes, we could call it a remake. Warner Bros has shifted the release date to December 18th, 2020.
Re: Which are the most anticipated ones? [message #91666 is a reply to message #91541] Mon, 06 April 2020 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I just saw a trailer of the fourth season of Money Heist, so I am about to choose a day to binge-watch. Vikings - Season 6 ended a few months ago, but I have not had a chance to catch up from where I left.
Re: Which are the most anticipated ones? [message #91678 is a reply to message #91666] Thu, 09 April 2020 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I wonder with this viral outbreak that epidemiologists now are concerned may last into hot weather months will hasten the demise of the movie theater experience. It's been under pressure due to the download market. Closing many cinemas across the country. And I'm guilty myself of forgoing that tradition. But I hope it doesn't go extinct.
Re: Which are the most anticipated ones? [message #91679 is a reply to message #91678] Thu, 09 April 2020 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, me too. I like going to the movies sometimes. Even though I like the sound of my home system better, it's still fun to just have a "date night" out at the theater. And some of 'em have really good sound systems, so it's not like I'm slumming it at the better theaters.

Now days, many of them have stepped up their games too, not just in the site and sound quality, but also in the seating and sometimes even the available snackage. Some even have open bars and pretty decent dinner menu items - way more than hotdogs, nachos, popcorn and candy - a full dinner menu.

So I'm with you on this. It's an industry I will support as best as I can.

On a semi-related topic - I still love drive-in theaters too. They've all but died, but when I still lived in Tulsa, I went to the Admiral Twin drive-in pretty often, several times a year at least. I liked it for the social aspect, really, going there with a handful of buddies and getting a few nasty hotdogs and some popcorn and just hangin' out. I think it's a great date place too.
Re: Which are the most anticipated ones? [message #91705 is a reply to message #91678] Wed, 15 April 2020 13:06 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Rusty wrote on Thu, 09 April 2020 10:56
I wonder with this viral outbreak that epidemiologists now are concerned may last into hot weather months will hasten the demise of the movie theater experience. It's been under pressure due to the download market. Closing many cinemas across the country. And I'm guilty myself of forgoing that tradition. But I hope it doesn't go extinct.
Saw on the news that I read that they opened up a digital drive through movie theater in the Phoenix Az. area.

Like most other businesses, I think the current model may die off in lieu of models that allow the business and social distancing both to work.

But to answer the original question, I have no idea what's coming out these days. Too busy to sit down for 2 hours to escape.
Previous Topic: Alone In The Wilderness
Next Topic: The Witch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:04:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout