Home » Audio » General » Interesting facts about sound
Interesting facts about sound [message #91426] Tue, 11 February 2020 03:42 Go to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
When you crack a whip, you create a loud noise since the tip breaks the speed of sound. The sound of thunder is as a result of rapidly heated air surrounding lightning that expands faster than sound's speed. What else about it intrigues you?
Re: Interesting facts about sound [message #91429 is a reply to message #91426] Tue, 11 February 2020 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'm fond of the sound of a diamond stylus coursing through a torturous valley of vinyl. I use to be around and got to know the applications of ultrasound in medical imaging. Using sound waves in the megahertz range to diagnose all manner of abnormalities within human bodies without causing potential damage to tissues from ionizing radiation as x-ray does.
Re: Interesting facts about sound [message #91477 is a reply to message #91429] Fri, 21 February 2020 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
Rusty wrote on Tue, 11 February 2020 08:56
I'm fond of the sound of a diamond stylus coursing through a torturous valley of vinyl. I use to be around and got to know the applications of ultrasound in medical imaging. Using sound waves in the megahertz range to diagnose all manner of abnormalities within human bodies without causing potential damage to tissues from ionizing radiation as x-ray does.
The ideology of ultrasound imaging is thrilling because it uses high-frequency sound waves to view inside the body. Can you imagine being able to see the movement of the body's internal organs and blood flowing through the vessels?
Re: Interesting facts about sound [message #91747 is a reply to message #91477] Thu, 23 April 2020 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Just out of curiosity, does it effect dogs in any way?

Speaking of which, I always found it fascinating that dogs can hear sounds that we cannot.
Re: Interesting facts about sound [message #91749 is a reply to message #91747] Thu, 23 April 2020 20:52 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, The sound of a large V8 engine at high speed. Waves on the ocean. Yes many animals can hear things we cannot...too bad that most of the time they don't listen to us. Laughing

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Forum Migration
Next Topic: Behringer DEQ2496
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 21:23:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers