Home » Audio » Source » Create your own
Create your own [message #91417] Thu, 06 February 2020 17:07 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Everyone knows you can pick and choose which songs to burn to a CD and that it's super easy to do at home. Is there a vinyl equivalent? I know commercial companies make custom records like Vinylify, but I'm more interested in making these at home. Is that possible?

When I first joined here, I remember reading a thread about whether music was pirated years ago, when vinyl was the in thing. I believe the consensus was yes, but I don't think anyone mentioned how they made the records at home. I intend to pay for the music or use something that's in the public domain.
Re: Create your own [message #91420 is a reply to message #91417] Fri, 07 February 2020 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
https://phonocut.com/
Whether or not this gets into production is the question. Around 1100 proposed cost. I guess you'd have to be very involved in the notion of creating your own personal records. I'm just fine plunkn' down a record and just listening. Or digitizing from vinyl my own series of tunes for play in the car.
Re: Create your own [message #91423 is a reply to message #91420] Sat, 08 February 2020 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, having been from that era...we used tape recorders. Reel to reel at first then cassette.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Create your own [message #91974 is a reply to message #91423] Fri, 29 May 2020 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
gofar99 wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 19:44
Hi, having been from that era...we used tape recorders. Reel to reel at first then cassette.
Me and my younger brother would sit there for hours on rainy weekends and do this. We would use the records from our older brothers' collections at first, and then years later use our own. We had to wait sometimes for our oldest brother to go to a chess match to pirate off his collection because he was very private about it.

Good times.
Re: Create your own [message #92196 is a reply to message #91420] Sat, 22 August 2020 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
Rusty wrote on Fri, 07 February 2020 09:59
https://phonocut.com/
Whether or not this gets into production is the question. Around 1100 proposed cost.
It sounds promising though. Their Kickstarter campaign was successful enough to get them through the next year of fine tuning the product and getting it on the market.

That would be the best Christmas present ever.
Re: Create your own [message #92366 is a reply to message #91417] Sat, 03 October 2020 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Talk about an expensive hobby. Shocked

It's a great idea and I would love to have one, but being limited to 10" records and only 9 minutes per side, I would want want more advancements and options before I plunk down that kind of money.

They're lathe cut junkies, the one's who made this, so I think in time they'll get more advanced with the options.
Re: Create your own [message #92369 is a reply to message #91417] Sun, 04 October 2020 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I think it's a great idea. It's still relatively new as far as these things go, so the improvements will be made in time. I for one am keeping an eye on this.
Re: Create your own [message #92588 is a reply to message #92366] Mon, 09 November 2020 11:46 Go to previous message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
Kingfish wrote on Sat, 03 October 2020 01:04

They're lathe cut junkies, the one's who made this, so I think in time they'll get more advanced with the options.
And when they do....IF they do, I would probably start out using it to make birthday or Christmas presents for family. A novelty type gift with personalized music selections.
Previous Topic: Going physical in digital era
Next Topic: Bent records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:22:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout