Home » Audio » Home Theater » Suspended projectors
icon5.gif  Suspended projectors [message #91368] Wed, 22 January 2020 01:57 Go to next message
Taurus is currently offline  Taurus
Chancellor
What is your take on this idea? Do you prefer it over placing the projector in a simple flat surface? It makes for a cool room design, but I wonder if it's completely safe and not too complicated to handle in the long run.
Re: Suspended projectors [message #91381 is a reply to message #91368] Mon, 27 January 2020 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I prefer mounting a projector from the ceiling since it saves a ton of space and it's always handy when I'm ready to use it. I recommend it. Just avoid any ceiling fans and make sure to check the manual to determine how far from the ceiling you have to be so it won't overheat.
Re: Suspended projectors [message #91414 is a reply to message #91368] Thu, 06 February 2020 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Taurus is currently offline  Taurus
Chancellor
I imagine placing the projector on the ground would make it easier to use, but I want to have as much space as possible for a better atmosphere. I do worry about overheating though. Other than setting up the distance, is there anything else I can do?
Re: Suspended projectors [message #91479 is a reply to message #91368] Sat, 22 February 2020 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joyce is currently offline  Joyce
Chancellor
It's usually about power and debris. Make sure the projector receives a stable power supply. Don't block the airflow of the fans and clean them up regularly if necessary.
Re: Suspended projectors [message #91608 is a reply to message #91479] Mon, 23 March 2020 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Definitely consider how you'll watch your movies. Are you planning to stream movies? If so, will mounting the projector to your ceiling affect your wireless signal? It did with ours, but adding an extender fixed things.
Re: Suspended projectors [message #91655 is a reply to message #91479] Fri, 03 April 2020 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
Joyce wrote on Sat, 22 February 2020 08:55
It's usually about power and debris. Make sure the projector receives a stable power supply. Don't block the airflow of the fans and clean them up regularly if necessary.
Thank you for this, it is such a great way to look at it. I would go for suspended projectors if it made my watching and listening experience exciting. What happens if and when the power supply isn't stable?
Re: Suspended projectors [message #91748 is a reply to message #91368] Thu, 23 April 2020 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I would think that mounting one on your ceiling would help with a wireless signal. Especially if it's near a window.

I don't have a projector, but that would seem to me to be the case.
Re: Suspended projectors [message #92370 is a reply to message #91368] Sun, 04 October 2020 00:23 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Sounds a bit high maintenance to me. Setting it flat on a table or such would be a lot easier all the way around. To each his own, though.
Previous Topic: Calling a professional
Next Topic: Projector heats up and turns off
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:24:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout