Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Tried the new Vevo app?
Tried the new Vevo app? [message #91347] Thu, 16 January 2020 16:01 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Remember when MTV and VH1 used to play music videos instead of populating the airwaves with trashy reality television? Those were the good old days, right? Well, you can supposedly experience that bliss again with the Vevo Roku app. Has anyone given it a whirl? The apps been available for years, but I've just gotten a Roku so I'm behind the times. Are the music videos just old school stuff?
Re: Tried the new Vevo app? [message #91349 is a reply to message #91347] Fri, 17 January 2020 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That sounds cool! I'll definitely check that out this evening!
Re: Tried the new Vevo app? [message #91356 is a reply to message #91347] Sat, 18 January 2020 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Leot55 wrote on Thu, 16 January 2020 16:01
Are the music videos just old school stuff?
There are new music videos, they aren't totally stuck in the 80s and 90s or anything, but just watching a music video at all feels like a blast from the past. Sadly, I think you might be too late for the Roku Vevo app experience as they shut the apps down in 2018 and moved everything to YouTube. You might be able to access things through Roku, I don't own one or I'd check for you. Surely you can stream YouTube videos through it. If you have a smart TV, it probably came with a YouTube app and you can watch Vevo's music videos through that.

https://www.youtube.com/user/VEVO/videos
Re: Tried the new Vevo app? [message #91430 is a reply to message #91347] Tue, 11 February 2020 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Taurus is currently offline  Taurus
Chancellor
The channel content isn't bad; I like being reminded of what is popular even though I may not like them all. It's just that I listen more than I watch these days. Sometimes those videos just make it harder to understand the music.
Re: Tried the new Vevo app? [message #91448 is a reply to message #91347] Mon, 17 February 2020 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
What I don't get is why artists are making new music videos. They must cost quite a bit to make. Are enough people really watching these to make the cost worthwhile to them? Do these videos still generate fans?
Re: Tried the new Vevo app? [message #92699 is a reply to message #91448] Mon, 30 November 2020 07:07 Go to previous message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
Leot55 wrote on Mon, 17 February 2020 11:01
What I don't get is why artists are making new music videos. They must cost quite a bit to make. Are enough people really watching these to make the cost worthwhile to them? Do these videos still generate fans?
I often wondered that too. I know some people watch these still. Perhaps if you are a new singer, it might be the thing to do. Honestly I'd rather watch a live video of them performing somewhere over a video of just anyone.
Previous Topic: Live music?
Next Topic: Disappointing year
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:34:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout