Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Constant directivity cornerhorn plan request
Constant directivity cornerhorn plan request [message #91323] Sun, 12 January 2020 20:43 Go to next message
Ebag4 is currently offline  Ebag4
Esquire
Hi Wayne, I would appreciate a set of plans for the 8Pi cornerhorn. I have a couple of questions first.

Thanks,
Ed
Re: Constant directivity cornerhorn plan request [message #91324 is a reply to message #91323] Sun, 12 January 2020 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
My questions are:
My room is 16x28.5', the front wall is the 16' wall. The right corner on this wall has a 5' opening after just 4' 5" from the corner, is this workable for the cornerhorn? The other wall is solid .

I just purchased a pair of Eminence Kappalite 3015 LF-4, a 4 ohm driver, is that something that could be corrected for in the crossover? I have attached the data sheet, it appears most of the parameters are similar to the driver you designed to.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Best,
Ed
Re: Constant directivity cornerhorn plan request [message #91325 is a reply to message #91324] Mon, 13 January 2020 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Your room orientation is perfect for constant directivity cornerhorns. However, you will need to stick with the driver shown in the plans. Horns are pretty picky about the driver, and reflex-loaded horns even more so. The eight Pi speaker requires the Alpha 10 midwoofer.

You could probably put the Kappalite 3015 in the bass bin of the seven Pi cornerhorn though. That design isn't nearly as picky about the driver in the bass bin. Do keep in mind that the design hasn't been tested with that driver though.

Please let me know which model you want to build and I'll send plans.
Re: Constant directivity cornerhorn plan request [message #91326 is a reply to message #91325] Mon, 13 January 2020 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks Wayne.

Please forward the plans for the 7pi.

Thanks,
Ed
Re: Constant directivity cornerhorn plan request [message #91327 is a reply to message #91326] Mon, 13 January 2020 12:29 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!
Previous Topic: 3 Pi sub questions
Next Topic: 2 Pi tower build questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:01:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio