Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Disney +
Disney + [message #91211] Tue, 19 November 2019 18:52 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
This is the new streaming service that just came out. Judging from what they offer, I'm half tempted to drop Netflix and go there. If I did though, I would lose out on Frasier, Cheers and The Blacklist. Tough call.

Have you switched?
Re: Disney + [message #91301 is a reply to message #91211] Fri, 03 January 2020 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Speaking of Disney. The granddaughter of Roy Disney, older brother of Walt. Has shown a bit of guilty conscience with the family's fortune. She thinks the rich ought to pay more taxes. And pay their employee's a decent wage to keep them out of living in their cars. Not too many grotesquely well healed folk in her tax bracket have such notions.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/01/06/the-ultra-wealthy-who-argue-that-they-should-be-paying-higher-taxes
Re: Disney + [message #91357 is a reply to message #91301] Sun, 19 January 2020 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I think that's great, Rusty. I agree!

I know we have some sci-fi fans here, so did anyone else watch season one of The Mandalorian? Baby Yoda is all the rage. I'm on edge waiting for season two. They left so many questions unanswered - of course.
Re: Disney + [message #91358 is a reply to message #91357] Mon, 20 January 2020 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I watched the Mandalorian. Loved it! Can't wait to see the next season!
Re: Disney + [message #91390 is a reply to message #91211] Thu, 30 January 2020 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
We liked Mandalorian also...

I was impressed by the picture quality as well.
Most of the Disney + content says its 4k HDR, but lots of times streaming this resolution and contrast ratio is not all its cracked up to be (compared to Ultra HD hard-copy disk).

Has streaming content improved??

I recall comparing Blu-Ray to streaming (1080p) years ago, and the differences seemed more stark...

Re: Disney + [message #91391 is a reply to message #91390] Thu, 30 January 2020 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like the video quality too, but hate the bandwidth drain from Disney. They need to spend some time working on compression algorithms, I think.

I hate when Netflix and Amazon video feeds shift to low-res mode, but at least their services are capable of doing that. I think Disney needs to implement that too, because without it, the service is too "selfish" of bandwidth. It doesn't play nice on the home network.
Re: Disney + [message #91449 is a reply to message #91391] Mon, 17 February 2020 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I don't have Disney+. I figured I'd wait until they worked out the kinks before subscribing to the service. If it's possible to download those episodes instead of streaming them it should work better. Of course, you probably already knew that.
Re: Disney + [message #92460 is a reply to message #91211] Wed, 21 October 2020 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
I have Verizon for my cellphone service and they gave me a free year of Disney +. I just dropped it (my year was up). I prefer Netflix and Hulu to Disney+. I just didn't think it was worth the money.
Re: Disney + [message #92467 is a reply to message #92460] Thu, 22 October 2020 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Disney+ is super cheap, but I was only interested in The Mandalorian and The Clone Wars cartoon. I've seen all of those episodes that Disney+ had to offer, so I ended my subscription. It isn't that valuable unless you have kids or are a Disney fanatic. I appreciate that it was easy to cancel. I'll pick it up again when the new season of The Mandalorian comes out.
Re: Disney + [message #92684 is a reply to message #91211] Sat, 28 November 2020 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I'm not a huge Disney fan so I wouldn't pay for the service. I think that if they offered more they would keep more subscribers. I'm sure they are geared towards families with younger kids.
Previous Topic: Disappointing year
Next Topic: Shows that Jumped the Shark
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:08:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout