Home » Sponsored » OddWatt Audio » Phono Preamp nearing
Phono Preamp nearing [message #91115] Sat, 02 November 2019 21:11 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, The long in process is nearing reality. This has been a labor of love going back nearly 7 years and countless variations. But now (drum roll please) I have seen the fully populated circuit boards and they are awesome. Cases are in the mill and then comes the fun part....do they sound like the prototypes? I sure hope so as they have been on the costly side to develop and produce. I currently use two of the prototypes and will never go back to any others I have heard. (I'm told that I am not modest enough as well Shocked ). I had hoped for some by Christmas, but that will not give me enough time to test and evaluate them. Stay tuned,

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Phono Preamp nearing [message #91117 is a reply to message #91115] Sun, 03 November 2019 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I am so excited to hear this, Bruce!
Re: Phono Preamp nearing [message #91568 is a reply to message #91115] Mon, 16 March 2020 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartt is currently offline  smartt
Master
Any news on your phono?
Re: Phono Preamp nearing [message #91569 is a reply to message #91568] Mon, 16 March 2020 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartt is currently offline  smartt
Master
gofar99,

7 years in the making, I count 10 years. What happened during those 10 years it took to make this phono a reality? What road blocks did you over come? I like that you never gave up on this project. Looking forward to this baby of yours.
Re: Phono Preamp nearing [message #91574 is a reply to message #91569] Tue, 17 March 2020 21:12 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, what's a few years in developing something. The first of them is in the mail to me as of today. I should know in about a week (some transit time, some listening and some testing) if it is really great or needs more work. All indications are that it should match my prototypes well. They are quiet, and IMO do a great job of rendering music off disks. Stay tuned for more......

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Ramping Up Again
Next Topic: New Amp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:27:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers