Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » 0 and 3 ... really!
0 and 3 ... really! [message #90973] Sun, 29 September 2019 19:09 Go to next message
Patrick69 is currently offline  Patrick69
Baron
I love sports as much as music. I'm a Steelers fan - all my life. What a heartbreaking season so far. Our quarterback is out for the season and we started 0 and 3.

Anyone feeling my pain?
Re: 0 and 3 ... really! [message #90977 is a reply to message #90973] Mon, 30 September 2019 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
Not for the Steelers, no. Sorry, they were never my team. The only non-winning team so far that I feel bad for are The Cardinals. Rookie Quarterback and rookie coach. Growing pains are expected with that, but I hope they don't get too discouraged and keep fighting. They seem like a good bunch of guys down there.
Re: 0 and 3 ... really! [message #90978 is a reply to message #90973] Mon, 30 September 2019 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
It is kind of sad to see them start that low. The Steelers are synonymous with strength and there is nothing strong about 0-3.

At least you're not a Dolphins fan. Laughing
Re: 0 and 3 ... really! [message #90981 is a reply to message #90973] Mon, 30 September 2019 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
Patrick69 wrote on Sun, 29 September 2019 19:09
I love sports as much as music. I'm a Steelers fan - all my life. What a heartbreaking season so far. Our quarterback is out for the season and we started 0 and 3.

Anyone feeling my pain?
Yes! I hate it for Roethlisberger as he was having such a great season and it's got to be frustrating to be sidelined for the whole season. I'm sure winding up on the reserve/injured list was the farthest thing from his mind. I'm watching the game with them and the Bengals and it's intense. They aren't doing terrible without Roethlisberger by any means and are ahead at halftime.
Re: 0 and 3 ... really! [message #90990 is a reply to message #90981] Tue, 01 October 2019 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It's too bad Roethlisberger is out, but for as long as he's been playing, (how long now?), it's due to happen in football. The Steelers have always been a tough team to play against. Always liked the name of, The Black And Blue Division they're part of. Living in KC Mo. home of the Chiefs I'd rather Pittsburg have him in there to make the competition at it's peak. They were a dynasty once, and that's nothing to sneeze at.
Re: 0 and 3 ... really! [message #90991 is a reply to message #90990] Tue, 01 October 2019 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Everything about the game was different back then. For example, it was easy to dominate for 5 or 6 years because good players stuck around. Free agency wasn't a thing and there was more a sense of family within the team.
Re: 0 and 3 ... really! [message #90993 is a reply to message #90973] Tue, 01 October 2019 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick69 is currently offline  Patrick69
Baron
They won! 1-3 now, with a tough game on Sunday, the Ravens!
Rudolph played great, but our defense was spot on. It was hard seeing Big Ben on the sidelines! He's saying he will be back next season, will see if they need him.
Re: 0 and 3 ... really! [message #91016 is a reply to message #90991] Thu, 03 October 2019 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Quote:
Azuri
Everything about the game was different back then. For example, it was easy to dominate for 5 or 6 years because good players stuck around. Free agency wasn't a thing and there was more a sense of family within the team.
But New England seems to be an exception to that. It's gotten monotonous to see them in the super bowl or in the running year in, year out.
Of the professional sports. Football for me should give the most money for their players. Their lifespan on average is so short to the other sports. It's all too rich for my wallet.
Re: 0 and 3 ... really! [message #91029 is a reply to message #91016] Sun, 06 October 2019 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Rusty wrote on Thu, 03 October 2019 09:39
Football for me should give the most money for their players. Their lifespan on average is so short to the other sports.
That's a good point. And while they're at it, the NFL should have programs that teach their players financial responsibility so they're not broke 2 years after they leave.
Re: 0 and 3 ... really! [message #91899 is a reply to message #90973] Mon, 18 May 2020 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm sure they do Nouri, but you know what they say about leading horses to water.

It will be interesting to see how this season is going to happen though. If it does.
Previous Topic: A guy walks into a bar, (the magic apples)
Next Topic: The Intellectual People Podcast - Alison Morrow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:27:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout