Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The New Joker Movie
The New Joker Movie [message #90959] Sat, 28 September 2019 10:00 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I remember watching The Dark Knight where Heath Ledger was The Joker and thinking that his portrayal was the best there ever was. Millions of other people agree.

So why put out a movie where The Joker is the main focus when you can't use the man that everyone agrees was the best at it?

I'm not going to bother watching it because I want to remember The Joker as the way Heath played him.
Re: The New Joker Movie [message #90969 is a reply to message #90959] Sun, 29 September 2019 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
To answer your question........Money.

That, and it has been over 10 years now since The Dark Night and there is a new generation of movie goers who do not see this movie in the same light as others.
Re: The New Joker Movie [message #90983 is a reply to message #90969] Mon, 30 September 2019 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
I liked it well enough, but then again, maybe I don't have the most discerning taste as I enjoy most thriller and action movies. We've seen many Batman and Joker iterations and each portrayal has been unique as the franchise is terribly inconsistent when it comes to plugging actors into roles. So, I've never been dead set as seeing one actor as The Batman or The Joker.
Re: The New Joker Movie [message #90984 is a reply to message #90983] Mon, 30 September 2019 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm not dead set against it as much I dont believe the performance will measure up. Maybe my tastes are becoming more discerning over time.
Re: The New Joker Movie [message #90995 is a reply to message #90959] Tue, 01 October 2019 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick69 is currently offline  Patrick69
Baron
I just saw the preview for it and I'm not going to to watch it either. I really have no interest because I don't think he is the best actor either. I wonder how it will do in theater.
Re: The New Joker Movie [message #91024 is a reply to message #90959] Sat, 05 October 2019 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
So far it's doing pretty well. 80 million in just a few days I heard. This movie has a lot of people nervous so I would like to go see it to find out why.
Re: The New Joker Movie [message #91044 is a reply to message #90959] Tue, 08 October 2019 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JordanS is currently offline  JordanS
Chancellor
I've got to admit that I am excited to see it. I'm going this weekend with my friends. I really hope that it keeps me on the edge of my seat. I'll let you know after I watch it, what I thought of it.
Re: The New Joker Movie [message #91050 is a reply to message #91044] Wed, 09 October 2019 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I am excited to see it too! Got plans every weekend this month though, so I'll be one of the last to see it in theaters, I suspect.
Re: The New Joker Movie [message #91134 is a reply to message #91050] Sun, 10 November 2019 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Kelly and I went to see the Joker last night.

It was probably my least favorite movie of all time. Or at least one of them.

To me, it was really annoying and stupid. It was like being in an insane asylum for two hours. Not so much frightening as annoying. It was like watching people beat their heads against the wall and mumble nonsense for two hours, trying to get your attention and annoying you with their stupid bullshit.

I was expecting to see the evolution of an evil genius. I thought the writers were going to show some guy that had some really bad breaks become obsessed with the ugliness of life rather than working through it. So instead of becoming a better person from his difficulties, he would become a worse personm from his difficulties. But I still expected him to be capable, and in fact, alarmingly capable. That's what I expected.

But the Joker movie was just a bunch of stupid people doing stupid things in a stupid society. A total and complete waste of time, in my opinion.
Re: The New Joker Movie [message #91210 is a reply to message #90959] Tue, 19 November 2019 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Quite possibly the best review of all time Wayne. The emotional technicalities of the lead actor broken down in plain English. VERY plain in fact. Laughing

Probably more entertaining than the movie itself.
Previous Topic: Stereo and Mono
Next Topic: The Oscars and Grammys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:24:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout