Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Return to Pi Speakers
Return to Pi Speakers [message #90890] Wed, 18 September 2019 14:10 Go to next message
Bane2871 is currently offline  Bane2871
Esquire
Purchased a Pi7 kit about 10 years ago but never assembled it. Now that I'm finally circling back around, I need some refreshers. My apologies if I re-ask frequent questions.

1) I swapped the originally 15" drivers for some JBL 2225H's. I seem to remember that the driver change to JBL required a crossover modification. Is that the case? If so, what is the modification?

2a) Speaking of crossovers, I have two 3-ways that I believe came with the kit. But there is also a bag of resistors (tie wrapped into parallel groups) with leads attached that I think also go with the kit. Was there a separate bag with leads, resistors, and terminals?

2b) Is the 10 year old crossover still a current revision or have updates been made during the past decade (the only identifier is the number 433)?

3) I bought the mid-horn flat pack back then. Are there any detailed assembly instructions for the mid horn? I'm having trouble puzzling it together.

Thanks.

It'll be good to finally put this together.
Re: Return to Pi Speakers [message #90896 is a reply to message #90890] Thu, 19 September 2019 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The JBL 2225H will work just fine in this design, as-is. But there have been a few changes over the last ten years, most notably a better waveguide for the tweeter. I'll send you the latest plans and I suggest you order a couple of waveguides and either modify the crossover you have or purchase a new one from us.
Re: Return to Pi Speakers [message #91028 is a reply to message #90890] Sat, 05 October 2019 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stoli is currently offline  stoli
Esquire
Shocked I'm another one. Purchased crossover boards and components, wave guides, all drivers a few years ago with the intent of completing a pair of 6 Pi's. Have misplaced the plans. Now that I'm retired I finally have time. Can you please resend the plans? Big question, will the Definimax work in the bass bin? I already have them. Thank you.
Re: Return to Pi Speakers [message #91033 is a reply to message #91028] Sun, 06 October 2019 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

And - Yes - The Definimax 4012HO works great in the six π bass bin.
Re: Return to Pi Speakers [message #91034 is a reply to message #90896] Sun, 06 October 2019 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bane2871 is currently offline  Bane2871
Esquire
Wayne Parham wrote on Thu, 19 September 2019 09:18

The JBL 2225H will work just fine in this design, as-is. But there have been a few changes over the last ten years, most notably a better waveguide for the tweeter. I'll send you the latest plans and I suggest you order a couple of waveguides and either modify the crossover you have or purchase a new one from us.

Are the prices on the website for the crossovers per pair or each?
Re: Return to Pi Speakers [message #91035 is a reply to message #91034] Sun, 06 October 2019 19:25 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Prices shown on the website are for one unit, be it a crossover, a waveguide a kit or whatever. For a stereo pair, you'll need to purchase two.
Previous Topic: 7 Pi Plans
Next Topic: 8 Pi Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:47:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout