Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Best Stephen King book to movie adaptions
Re: Best Stephen King book to movie adaptions [message #90929 is a reply to message #90824] Wed, 25 September 2019 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The Green Mile. The acting and screenplay were both fantastic.

The worst one was The Stand. I've read that whole book about 4 times. You just can't put a story that in-depth and that long into a movie. They shouldn't have even tried.
Re: Best Stephen King book to movie adaptions [message #90936 is a reply to message #90929] Thu, 26 September 2019 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I read they're taking another whack with The Stand. Another mini series. I too feel that the 1994 attempt wasn't able to remotely convey the drama of the novel. The fastest thousand page turner I'd ever attempted. It's certainly a challenge, but not out of the realm of possibility that it could be made with better quality. Judging from past attempts with King's horror genre adaptations, not worth getting hopeful about.
Re: Best Stephen King book to movie adaptions [message #91097 is a reply to message #90936] Tue, 22 October 2019 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I remembered recently another King movie that I've enjoyed. Called,The Dead Zone, with Christopher Walken. Strange powers of premonition plague his mind after a terrible car wreck leaves him comatose for some time. There's kind of a spooky correlation to our current political reality with his premonition of an unhinged politician, (Martin Sheen) becoming a dictatorial president bent on unleashing nukes and Armageddon.
Re: Best Stephen King book to movie adaptions [message #92894 is a reply to message #90824] Fri, 01 January 2021 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
The Shawshank Redemption is a movie that will always stand as a great for me. I read the novella and watch the movie on an annual basis, and they both have excellent staying power for me.
Re: Best Stephen King book to movie adaptions [message #93150 is a reply to message #90824] Thu, 18 February 2021 19:07 Go to previous message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
Wait, what? The Green Mile is a Stephen King book? I love that movie. I also loved Christine and Shawshank Redemption. Cujo and Children of the Corn still give me nightmares! Man he wrote a lot of books!
Previous Topic: Star Trek: Picard
Next Topic: TV shows that you miss
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:20:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout