Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Independence Day Movie For Kids
Independence Day Movie For Kids [message #90640] Thu, 04 July 2019 08:52 Go to next message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
Hello guys. I'm asking for help on what movies would you recommend to for today? I would like to play movies for children that don't have violence but still capture the spirit of Independence Day.
Re: Independence Day Movie For Kids [message #90644 is a reply to message #90640] Thu, 04 July 2019 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well if they don't mind something a few years old. Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942). Starring Jimmy Cagney as George M Cohan. Jimmy shows off his hoofing skills, which were formidable. Don't know anything more patriotic than this movie. And virtually no violence.
Re: Independence Day Movie For Kids [message #90661 is a reply to message #90640] Tue, 09 July 2019 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
I think you combined words that shouldn't be combined. I mean you can't get independence without violence unless you are Gandhi. I'm thinking of Frozen if ever you wanted to watch a kid movie about freedom.
Re: Independence Day Movie For Kids [message #90663 is a reply to message #90640] Wed, 10 July 2019 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
Good point, Jethro. I just wanted to instill patriotism to the kids, with less violence. Frozen is a good choice, and I've recently seen the trailer of Frozen 2. We ended up watching Kung Fu Panda series.
Re: Independence Day Movie For Kids [message #91120 is a reply to message #90644] Tue, 05 November 2019 09:08 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Rusty wrote on Thu, 04 July 2019 18:23
Well if they don't mind something a few years old. Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942). Starring Jimmy Cagney as George M Cohan. Jimmy shows off his hoofing skills, which were formidable. Don't know anything more patriotic than this movie. And virtually no violence.
They should actually re-make that. They re-make old movies and sitcoms all the time. There were people involved in the Independence that were in "supporting" roles as it were. Betsy Ross comes to mind and I'm sure there were many more. There is a way to make a movie commemorating this accurately without throwing in violence.
Previous Topic: Creating A New Story
Next Topic: Pink Floyd Household Objects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:11:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout