Home » Audio » Home Theater » Samsung 65-inch 4K UHD on sale online (2018 model, looks like picture frame)
Samsung 65-inch 4K UHD on sale online [message #90503] Mon, 24 June 2019 12:19 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
It's about $1,299 plus tax at BuyDig. Shipping is included. You won't see the lower price until you add it to your cart. That's a darn good deal, but I've never purchased anything from BuyDig before, so this will be a first.
Re: Samsung 65-inch 4K UHD on sale online [message #90505 is a reply to message #90503] Mon, 24 June 2019 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
I've bought electronics off of there before and it always turned out okay. Everything arrived as described and in working order, but shipping wasn't Amazon Prime fast or anything. I didn't order anything as expensive as that TV though.

Do you know if it's possible to replicate that picture frame look? The last Samsung I bought stung me pretty badly. I know this model isn't a smart television, but I just don't want to give them anymore of my money.
Re: Samsung 65-inch 4K UHD on sale online [message #90536 is a reply to message #90505] Wed, 26 June 2019 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Augustus wrote on Mon, 24 June 2019 21:11

Do you know if it's possible to replicate that picture frame look? The last Samsung I bought stung me pretty badly. I know this model isn't a smart television, but I just don't want to give them anymore of my money.
Evervue's Spectrum and Decovue-Renaissance has probably come the closest, but at the moment both of these are more expensive than the Samsung model. I haven't figured out a way to DIY it without there being a noticeable gap between the television, frame, and wall. The Samsung Frame is a smart television, so are the Evervue models I mentioned. If a TV can showcase art without you inserting a USB drive or something else that contains that art, it's using the internet to get it.
Re: Samsung 65-inch 4K UHD on sale online [message #90553 is a reply to message #90536] Sat, 29 June 2019 06:38 Go to previous message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
[quote title=Madison wrote on Wed, 26 June 2019 09:51]Augustus wrote on Mon, 24 June 2019 21:11

The Samsung Frame is a smart television, so are the Evervue models I mentioned. If a TV can showcase art without you inserting a USB drive or something else that contains that art, it's using the internet to get it.
Yeah, I knew that. I have no idea what I was thinking. I'll have to check out Evervue. It's a brand that's new to me.
Previous Topic: Ad blocker for smart T.V.?
Next Topic: Bright Room
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:51:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout