Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Quentin Tarantino
Quentin Tarantino [message #90440] Sun, 16 June 2019 12:52 Go to next message
Echo is currently offline  Echo
Chancellor
Any fans of Tarantino here? If so, what is your favorite movie? I have watched most of his movies, and my favorite by far is Django Unchained. I think it was brilliant!

Re: Quentin Tarantino [message #90441 is a reply to message #90440] Sun, 16 June 2019 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I'll take Pulp Fiction as my favorite. Grindhouse, featuring his Death Proof and Robert Rodriguez's Planet Terror is a close 2nd. The thing with Tarantino that I find a little distracting are his characters dishing out such a wordy dialogue at times. But his movies are pretty fun. And gory in an absurd way. I liked Django too.
Re: Quentin Tarantino [message #90443 is a reply to message #90440] Sun, 16 June 2019 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AcousticJack is currently offline  AcousticJack
Chancellor
I like Tarantino too and I have watched Django and really enjoyed it. But if I had to choose one, I think Reservoir Dogs was my favorite.
Re: Quentin Tarantino [message #90624 is a reply to message #90443] Wed, 03 July 2019 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
Tarantino isn't a favorite of mine, but I enjoyed The Hateful Eight and Reservoir Dogs. Recently he's suggested that he'll be retiring soon. I think his idea was to quit while he's ahead. I don't see Tarantino retiring though, and don't really think he was serious. Do you?
Re: Quentin Tarantino [message #90630 is a reply to message #90624] Wed, 03 July 2019 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Naw, I hope not either. Hollywood needs some distinctive directors. There's far too many forgettable schlock being produced. I also like the Cohen bros. They've done some very idiosyncratic films. I liked No Country For Old Men, and of course, The Big Lebowsky. Which spawned a multitude of quotes from the film.
Re: Quentin Tarantino [message #90632 is a reply to message #90630] Wed, 03 July 2019 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Tarantino's retirement comments are probably just a way to create some added frenzy around his latest flick, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. He's always been good at mastering the press.
Re: Quentin Tarantino [message #93295 is a reply to message #90440] Wed, 10 March 2021 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
I really like Tarantino's work. I enjoyed Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. Each of his films bring something unique and interesting. I always find new details or something I missed previously when I watch them.
Re: Quentin Tarantino [message #93305 is a reply to message #90440] Thu, 11 March 2021 10:34 Go to previous message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
If he retires, he needs to open a school to teach the coming generation his style of directing and producing. People come and go, but his style needs to stay put. His movies are so much more entertaining than others.
Previous Topic: Big Sky
Next Topic: Songs You Never Get Tired Of
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:58:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout