Home » Audio » Radio » Less People Listening To Radio
Less People Listening To Radio [message #90432] Sat, 15 June 2019 14:29 Go to next message
Echo is currently offline  Echo
Chancellor
I grew up listening to radio and, until this day, I still enjoy it. I have however noticed that less and less people are interested in listening to it nowadays. Why do you think this is happening?
Re: Less People Listening To Radio [message #90447 is a reply to message #90432] Mon, 17 June 2019 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
I think when the iPod came along years ago and it was easy to use in the car, that it slowly took away radio listeners. Why not? It plays your favorite music without commercials and you can download podcasts if you miss talk radio. I think satellite radio is still fairly popular though. What about your friends and family? What do they listen to?
Re: Less People Listening To Radio [message #90450 is a reply to message #90447] Mon, 17 June 2019 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I do satellite in the auto, otherwise everything is hard copy right here. I own several great FM receivers (Marantz etc) but don't use any of them for over the air music.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Less People Listening To Radio [message #90454 is a reply to message #90432] Tue, 18 June 2019 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AcousticJack is currently offline  AcousticJack
Chancellor
I may be a bit old-fashioned, but I still really enjoy listening to the radio. In my opinion, there are some radio programs that no amount of new technology could ever replace.
Re: Less People Listening To Radio [message #90458 is a reply to message #90454] Tue, 18 June 2019 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I tend to just listen to radio when doing local car trips. And then with music formats offering limited involvement for me, I'll tune around the presets with frustration. I usually end up listening to NPR news. One regular feature on it I like is called Science Friday, hosted by Ira Flatow. Sounds like Playdough to me. I'm old enough to remember when AM radio was the only available formats. It was king, then FM came along and changed everything. It's evolved to what it is today. Everything changes, everything stays the same. Bada bing, bada boom.
Re: Less People Listening To Radio [message #90475 is a reply to message #90458] Tue, 18 June 2019 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
Radio shows used to be a jump off for television programming as some of the comedies, dramas, and documentaries are just adaptations of what started there. Now it seems like social media is the jump off for television programming. Radio is losing its influence on modern culture. It's weird to see it happening.
Re: Less People Listening To Radio [message #90479 is a reply to message #90475] Wed, 19 June 2019 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Quote:
Radio shows used to be a jump off for television programming as some of the comedies, dramas, and documentaries are just adaptations of what started there.
Do you remember this choice program from the glory days of top 40 and DJ personalities.
CHICKENMAN!!
Best of. 1966
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aG1VV5pwHc
Re: Less People Listening To Radio [message #90495 is a reply to message #90432] Mon, 24 June 2019 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
Kids these days are not easily entertained by just listening to something because they need to see it or even have to be engaged with it like video games. People these days are less patient as well because of apps or sites where they can listen (and watch) their favorite music.
Re: Less People Listening To Radio [message #93639 is a reply to message #90432] Sat, 01 May 2021 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I don't think I have even turned the AM or FM radio on in my car. I listen to Sirius or Pandora. I got tired of the crappy reception and bad jokes that the radio personalities told.
Re: Less People Listening To Radio [message #93641 is a reply to message #93639] Sat, 01 May 2021 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi I don't listen to radio at all and to correct an earlier post I gave up Sirius in 2016. Not 2019 like was posted. Memory and fingers tend to fail when you become a curmudgeon. Laughing

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Which kind of radio do you listen to most?
Next Topic: Alternatives to Sirius Satellite Radio?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:51:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio