Home » Audio » Movies & Music » No iTunes, where to buy $1 digital music?
No iTunes, where to buy $1 digital music? [message #90426] Thu, 13 June 2019 20:07 Go to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
I know that this music format isn't a favorite among audiophiles, but I like it because it's easy to use and there's lots of great music for $1 or less. I don't want to stream my music for a monthly fee, I want to buy it. I prefer just individual songs rather than being forced to purchase the whole album. Is there another digital music service that fills the gap left by iTunes?
Re: No iTunes, where to buy $1 digital music? [message #90449 is a reply to message #90426] Mon, 17 June 2019 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, No clue as I don't down load any. Other folks might have some suggestions. I figure that any music that I don't own a physical copy of might vanish at the whim of some supplying company.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: No iTunes, where to buy $1 digital music? [message #90456 is a reply to message #90449] Tue, 18 June 2019 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I still like physical copies. But for the millinneals, MP3 downloads are the preferred delivery method, I suppose.

You can always buy music on Amazon. You can download it to your device(s) and they'll keep a copy of it in your cloud account too. Many physical media (like vinyl and CD) purchases come with a free digital copy, so you can download songs onto a USB flash drive to play in your car or any DAC with USB input.
Re: No iTunes, where to buy $1 digital music? [message #90466 is a reply to message #90426] Tue, 18 June 2019 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
I'm not sure.

I am the opposite,
where I enjoy buying, and listening to a whole album.

I like the ride through, and enjoy knowing/expecting the next (sometimes known) song on the album.
I do this through both CD or download.

I suppose I'm dating myself here lol
Re: No iTunes, where to buy $1 digital music? [message #90474 is a reply to message #90456] Tue, 18 June 2019 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
Wayne Parham wrote on Tue, 18 June 2019 08:41

I still like physical copies. But for the millinneals, MP3 downloads are the preferred delivery method, I suppose.
I'm actually quite old, sadly. I'm fond of my turntable, vinyl collection, old radio, Walkman, and all that, but physical copies aren't as portable as digital copies and they always cost more. That's okay when I'm buying an album from yesteryear that I already know I'll love, but I rarely like the entire album that a music artist records today. I think things were made better in my day, but I do enjoy the latest tech too.

What do you listen to on your phones? I imagine it's harder to work around the lossy issue without the jack.
Re: No iTunes, where to buy $1 digital music? [message #90477 is a reply to message #90474] Wed, 19 June 2019 07:55 Go to previous message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
The Apple Music app will operate much like the iTunes app. You can buy music for super cheap and your old music should still be there. Just be sure to backup your music files soon just in case something happens. Apple Music carries a monthly subscription fee if you want to stream music (kind of like Spotify) but you can listen to the music you own without paying anything. Everything is essentially the same, but it's been broken up into three apps. One for music, one for movies, and one for podcasts.

It's possible to download CD quality music to your phone fairly easily, but when using the standard AirPods that come with the phone, I personally can't tell a difference in how they sound.
Previous Topic: Animated Movies
Next Topic: Enjoying movies that most people don't
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:42:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout